Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me? I am so disappointed with the Termis on my Full throttle. They look cheap and sound like a kitten. I am now looking at changing it but then that is another $1500 (Aus). Any one got any suggestions?
Thank you,
Tracey

·
Registered
149 Posts
When my dealer came back from Spain for the introduction and scrambler riding of the American dealers, He was told that the FT system added a little sound and looked nice. He called me when he got back and had me change my order to an icon and ordered the full termi system with it. I am much happier now. The salesman knows me fairly well ( I put V&H on Harley, full Terni system on Streetfighter and full akrapovik on my S1000R). He knew I would be happier with full system and I am glad I went this way. However I sometime regret thinking about the mods I might have done with the FT. I like black bikes a lot. But it was silly to spend the extra money on items I would be changing out anyway.
Sometimes I still think of painting my bike black.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When my dealer came back from Spain for the introduction and scrambler riding of the American dealers, He was told that the FT system added a little sound and looked nice. He called me when he got back and had me change my order to an icon and ordered the full termi system with it. I am much happier now. The salesman knows me fairly well ( I put V&H on Harley, full Terni system on Streetfighter and full akrapovik on my S1000R). He knew I would be happier with full system and I am glad I went this way. However I sometime regret thinking about the mods I might have done with the FT. I like black bikes a lot. But it was silly to spend the extra money on items I would be changing out anyway.
Hi Baimo,
I wish I had the thoughtful dealer that you have. Even though I have bought my 3 current bikes through them. I would have definitely gone with the icon and put the full system on it. Would have come out less than the cost of the standard FT. But saying that I do love it and look forward to getting to know it a lot better.
Thanks for your imput.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We haven't seen a red one in Queensland (AUS) as yet. It looks cool.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it just me? I am so disappointed with the Termis on my Full throttle. They look cheap and sound like a kitten. I am now looking at changing it but then that is another $1500 (Aus). Any one got any suggestions?
Thank you,
Tracey
Check out ZARD, they have a delaer in Las Vegas who stocks up on most of their products. They have a slip-on priced at < 700. Sounds much better that anything I've heard so far. There is a video on Utube, check it out, awesome...

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like the sounds of the Termi's - they are not too loud, and have a nice engine breaking reverb.
They should 'develop' the sound a little more as the bike breaks in (only have 600Km's on clock so far)

And to change them up, I literally just painted my FT Termi's with VHT paint (and the heat shield) - going for an all black look.
They are drying now, then some baking to do, I'll get some pictures up soon.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The only reason to buy a Full Throttle over an Icon is the exhaust. Out of the line up I think the FT has the least value for money.
An Icon painted Matt black would be much cheaper.

What Ducati have done in the past is fit a noise abatement valve in the exhaust which closes at certain revs where the noise readings are taken. (I still remove them) This allows the exhaust to sound a lot free'r most of the time.
If they had done this then FT buyers may not feel cheated. It's not like Ducati to make a muted exhaust on what's meant to be Sporty Spice.

I remember reports when the Diavel and panigale came out first everybody wondering how such a nice sounding exhaust got through testing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.