Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 5 bike jackets. A BMW streetguard, a Rukka, both a little tired from my touring days, 2 Triumph jackets one in luminous yellow and a grey one, and a summer Touareg with zips all over it for the odd warm day.
I am now fancying a new one and looking at Scrambler style jackets as I’m not thinking of another bike yet. There seem to be some decent ones around.
What do you wear and what would you recommend.
Don’t get me started on pants oh! and my glove fettish.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have a Vanson Solar Lightning that I bought in 2003 (I think). It's my primary jacket. On those really hot days, I wear a Vanson Vent Max. Like the Lightning, it's older than dirt. Mine is cordura unlike the one now with leather.

I do have a Ducati Owners Club textile jacket. I don't wear it often though.

Yes, I'm a Vanson whore. :)

-Bob

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I bought 2 of these , a blue one for the pub and a dark grey one on the bike, probably not the most protective (does have armour) but cool as feck.
Screenshot_20190413-091350_Samsung Internet.jpg

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have two jackets. Dainese, 3-1 Gore-Tex and I used my back armor from my old jacket for it so that was good.

I also have my main jacket, a Rev'it GT-Air 2.

Last but not least, a trusty tank top (j/k)

·
Registered
211 Posts
s-l300.jpg
Have several, but love my Belstaff Brooklands (with armor). Not common in the US, or cheap, but always cool and long lasting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Both my primary jackets are from Fox Creek Leather. I use a Black Rock (now discontinued) for colder weather, and Vented Racing the rest of 5he time. Both have snap adjustments rather than lace up adjustments. Classic black leather with hints of cafe racer. Where’s what 5he vented racing looks like, tons of airflow! Both jackets have armor pockets, and I run D30 armor.

Current:’18 xDiavel S, ‘18 1100 Sport
Sold: 16 Scrambler Icon, ‘15 Monster 1200, ‘14 Diavel Strada, ‘12 Monster 1100evo, ‘09 Monster 1100, ‘08 NM Hypermotard #7

·
Registered
107 Posts
Currently have an AS Viper Air, and am waiting on a Dainese D1 Stripes Perf. The AS is a bit too ventilated for anything under 65 degrees, plus I look like a walking billboard. The Dainese is much less gawdy looking, and I won't need to layer up on my way to work.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Currently wear a Dainese Racing D1 jacket I finally found in a weird 50-long size called 520 I think... So unlike most jackets, it fits my long dangly arms

Suits the hyper more than a scrambler and I got it to upgrade the level of protection over more casual looking jackets.
(I only wear Vans when posing...)

I quite fancy a Dainese Bryan though. I’ll have to get to the Dainese shop in Manchester to try some stuff on.

I almost bought an Alpinestars Oscar Brass jacket the other day. Demon Tweeks has some great offers on riding gear going on!

E352E265-BC2A-452A-9AC2-E7C1C99B3F1F.jpeg

·
Registered
788 Posts
After talking myself out of it for a few months, finally gave up and got a new jacket. Ordered the Alpinestars Oscar Brass, very excited awaiting it's arrival.

Since going back to the Scrambler, I've been craving a more casual looking jacket and this nails it. Actually looks very similar to my normal leather jacket.

Alpinestars_IMG_30.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts