Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems like an odd place to out a lead and even more strange the Ducati have used plastic cable ties to hold it there.

Any ideas what it is & should it be there ?

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
This seems like an odd place to out a lead and even more strange the Ducati have used plastic cable ties to hold it there.

Any ideas what it is & should it be there ?
Battery tender cable perhaps? On my FTP, mine comes out under between the seat bottom and the left number plate.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks outplace where it is, and the cable ties or zip ties depending on what country you are from, don't even say Ducati ha.. Will attempt to re-route the fugly cable somewhere else

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Confirmed, battery tender plug.

(mine also comes out at the rear, under the seat. I'm rerouting it and use it as a hookup for my gps)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just remember it's live all the time so gps will stay on when key is off, would drain battery if left on overnight, might be better to use switched circuit wire if you travel with it and want to leave gps there all the time, is another thing to forget !!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Who leaves his gps on his bike overnight?

(But yeah, something to keep in mind)
Every BMW rider and most with zumo etc, hard to take off
I've had a couple of baby garmins with mini USB plug, both died at the USB socket from lots of unplugs, I'd rather leave on than keep buying new ones, safety wired on with sharp ends exposed (but out of sight) for the would be thief, "danger, contaminated with AIDS" blaring from little speaker when moved, a nice touch.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah. Battery tender access plug. The dealer I bought my bike from had it popping out under the seat on the left side, right where the Icon rear fender had to go. I removed it ... I don't often need and generally don't want a battery tender plug.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
FYI - Mine is routed to come out beneath the left side of the tank (as you're sat on the bike). It pushes up out of the way when you don't need it so I'm happy to have it there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts