Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Wheel Bearings Shot

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Mima803 
#1 ·
I have 3k miles on my 2015 urban enduro and I went to change the rear tire tonight. When I got the wheel off I checked the bearings and all 4 are shot. They all grab when turning by finger. Does anyone have part numbers or a source for them? Thanks.

#2 ·
Star Twin: the online shop for Ducati OEM spare parts and accessories.

Send that link to AMSducati.com and tell them what item number you need and they will message you back with a part # to enter on their website to order online.

You could order straight from Star Twin but they are somewhere in Europe, probably faster and easier to order through AMS.

Are the bearings not covered under warranty?

#8 ·
Ill do a full write up, I was surprised how easy they are to change on the scrambler. The bearings in the hub BOTH have a recess they sit in so you cant over do it on the axle tube! Peeled apart the offending bearings and they were full of grease, I'm seriously wondering if the shop over tightened the rear axle when they did the first service. I do all my own work on the bikes but some reason decided to let the dealer perform the 600 mile service..

#10 ·
Hi sorry to resurrect an old post, am thinking of changing all of my bearings. Some weird sounds rotating the rear wheel and the front dues grab a bit on my 2015 3.8k icon.

Are they just straight forward for both wheels all 6 of them?
I don't have any special tools just planning to tap then out and get the new ones from the freezer in.
Any advice welcome. Cheers

#9 ·
It wouldn't make any difference if your workshop over tightened the rear axle. The load is supported between the bearing inners and the bearing spacer inside the hub. There would be no axial load on the bearings at all unless the bearing spacer was too short.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.