Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing both wheels for tire change . Looking for best recommendations to stabilize and lift the bike. I do not have a proper stand for front or real support. New to this and looking for some recommendations/knowledge. I have access to floor jacks and also car jack. Can I jack from the engine block and use slings to support front and rear of bike while on a center stand?
I have never done this before.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm about a week in front of you. If ya' have someone to steady the rear while you lift the front to rest on jack stands it will much easier - I didn't, but will when reinstalling. Once the rear was off I used a hydraulic jack to slowly get the front off the ground- the rear wants to rise [I placed a large bag of dog food on the swingarm to add weight while slowly lifting just enough to get the front tire off the ground. Use wood blocking on the hydraulic jack plate as the OEM bash guard is not flat and it wants to tip to the left.
Sled TIre Change.jpg

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Removing both wheels for tire change . Looking for best recommendations to stabilize and lift the bike. I do not have a proper stand for front or real support. New to this and looking for some recommendations/knowledge. I have access to floor jacks and also car jack. Can I jack from the engine block and use slings to support front and rear of bike while on a center stand?
I have never done this before.
Check-out Constands or others like it. I have three of them and can lift my bikes clean off the deck in less than 10 seconds.
Constands® Central Stand for Motorcycle | Easy purchase

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

as I do not have any other stands but a car jack: is it save to lift the Ducati Scrambler Urban Enduro 2016 with a car jack? I mean: is the engine block below strong/hard enough to sustain the weight? Actually, I do only need to lift the front wheel. So some weight might be bear by the rear tire.

thank you all.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Hi all

as I do not have any other stands but a car jack: is it save to lift the Ducati Scrambler Urban Enduro 2016 with a car jack? I mean: is the engine block below strong/hard enough to sustain the weight? Actually, I do only need to lift the front wheel. So some weight might be bear by the rear tire.

thank you all.
How are yo going to stabilise the bike if you lift the front and the rear is still on the ground ? It will work if the rear is on a paddock stand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts