Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this Kimpex front wheel stand bc the pitbull is 2x+ times more expensive.

Ran into a little problem when trying to remove the front wheel shaft. I can't do it because it would hit the part I've circled on my stand. I'm thinking to cut that top portion of the stand off. Only on that one side, since that's the side the wheel shaft has to come out from.

Stupid me is here asking, if that would ruin the structural integrity of the stand since I've opened up the top of that pipe. Would it pose a problem to securely hold the front end up over time?

I'd be cutting it right above the holes where the stand pins insert.

Thanks in advance.

MVIMG_20200608_163135~2.jpg

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I bought this Kimpex front wheel stand bc the pitbull is 2x+ times more expensive.

Ran into a little problem when trying to remove the front wheel shaft. I can't do it because it would hit the part I've circled on my stand. I'm thinking to cut that top portion of the stand off. Only on that one side, since that's the side the wheel shaft has to come out from.

Stupid me is here asking, if that would ruin the structural integrity of the stand since I've opened up the top of that pipe. Would it pose a problem to securely hold the front end up over time?

I'd be cutting it right above the holes where the stand pins insert.

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 44988
I would do it without a second thought. It looks like the cap is only lightly tacked on and could have been just a plastic bung that does not add any strength anyway. All the forces are going to be going downward.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would do it without a second thought. It looks like the cap is only lightly tacked on and could have been just a plastic bung that does not add any strength anyway. All the forces are going to be going downward.
It's not a plastic plug, it's a weld but I have another idea...keep wrapping gorilla tape around the rubber cylinder pieces until I increase their width by about a cm. That should lift the bike up enough so I can get clearance to pull the wheel shaft out.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
It's not a plastic plug, it's a weld but I have another idea...keep wrapping gorilla tape around the rubber cylinder pieces until I increase their width by about a cm. That should lift the bike up enough so I can get clearance to pull the wheel shaft out.
I could see it was welded in the photo which is why I said it’s only lightly tacked. This indicates it has no structural strength.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, so I found some dense foam in my house, from a package I guess?

I think this will give me enough clearance to pull the wheel shaft out.

MVIMG_20200611_110931.jpg

MVIMG_20200611_111633.jpg

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:

The above didn't work. Ended up cutting the top off on both sides. About 3/8's.

Now I can take the wheel shaft out and work with the nut on the other side with a torque wrench.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts