Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whose taking their Scrambler on holiday? Near or far, short or long?

I am off to Scotland next week but will be on Pikes Peak as not run in

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I'm torn whether to take the Panigale or my Classic up to Scotland in July.

I took the Panigale up last year and it's super comfortable but sucks you into doing stupid speeds on some of the roads. The Classic will be more sedate and will be a licence save, but I'm not sure how comfortable it will be on a 3 day trip covering 1400 miles or so.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Off to Belgium today for the Fly Low bike show, South of France in Sept for thr Bol D'Or, then 2 weeks in Morocco in March/April ;-)

·
Registered
204 Posts
We where thinking of Corsica or Scotland :) but we only have 5 days :eek: and this in september.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Took mine on holiday to Noosa Heads and Hervey Bay, some of the best that the best country in the world has to offer, and its got plenty to offer..................

·
Registered
941 Posts
I love Honfleur and Barfleur lucky you
Yeah they are real nice towns. Took the wifey there few years back by car and planned to go back last year by bike but the route we were taking to Black Forest was changed so I thought why not a long weekend enjoying the non motorway roads up and down the coast

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hold on a minute, is this going to another invasion ? Old habits never die.
Hui, pls tell me which is the best time of the year to travel to Scotland concerning the weather? And which part of Scotland would you advice me to visit seeing the limited time i have (5 days)?

Thx :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Off to Belgium today for the Fly Low bike show, South of France in Sept for thr Bol D'Or, then 2 weeks in Morocco in March/April ;-)
Im from Belgium but don't know the "Fly Low Bike Show". Whats it all about? :oops::)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
We where thinking of Corsica or Scotland :) but we only have 5 days :eek: and this in september.
Hui, pls tell me which is the best time of the year to travel to Scotland concerning the weather? And which part of Scotland would you advice me to visit seeing the limited time i have (5 days)?

Thx :)
Well, it's actually quite difficult to say. Also how far down you are to start with.
All along the borders is very good if you are short on time, especially toward the West. If you have time I would strongly recommend heading North cutting across West above Glasgow toward Oban & Fort William and up to the Isle of Skye.
There are documented routes in magazines which give a guide on routes and time scales.
Riding could be quite intense if you try to catch too much in five days but it can be done. In my opinion the further up you go the better but stay central to West.

As far as time of year goes, there's no guarantee with the weather but if you land lucky the rain will be a bit warmer in July/August. If your children are not in the equation for times etc. (probably not you but others thinking about car etc.) I would find out the dates of the school holidays as the tourist traffic is a lot less when the 'lovely wee souls' aren't on holiday.
Feel free once you've done a bit of homework ie. How long & how far you think you could do a day and I would be glad to help if I can.
Bear in mind I'm from the North end near Inverness. I know the top half well but the lowlands less so when it comes to bike routes.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well, it's actually quite difficult to say. Also how far down you are to start with.
All along the borders is very good if you are short on time, especially toward the West. If you have time I would strongly recommend heading North cutting across West above Glasgow toward Oban & Fort William and up to the Isle of Skye.
There are documented routes in magazines which give a guide on routes and time scales.
Riding could be quite intense if you try to catch too much in five days but it can be done. In my opinion the further up you go the better but stay central to West.

As far as time of year goes, there's no guarantee with the weather but if you land lucky the rain will be a bit warmer in July/August. If your children are not in the equation for times etc. (probably not you but others thinking about car etc.) I would find out the dates of the school holidays as the tourist traffic is a lot less when the 'lovely wee souls' aren't on holiday.
Feel free once you've done a bit of homework ie. How long & how far you think you could do a day and I would be glad to help if I can.
Bear in mind I'm from the North end near Inverness. I know the top half well but the lowlands less so when it comes to bike routes.
Thx Hui :);).

Its my buddy in crime and me who are thinking of doing Scotland, no wife no children! Thats also why we have limited time because they don't trust us to much for a longer period ;):oops::rolleyes:.

We where thinking of september to indeed avoid holiday traffic and such. The ferry from Belgium or Holland can takes us up till Newcastle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Got some pictures? :)

Was it something like a european event or rather just belgian bikes

1 - 20 of 41 Posts