Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '18 Scrambler Icon with the silver tank side panels. I really would like matte black ones. I consider myself pretty internet savvy, yet I can't for the life of me find a reputable source where they are sold. Carbon fiber ones I can find... but wasn't this supposed to be a very common part to change out? Maybe I'm just being an idiot, but do you guys know the best source? Or is everyone just painting them now?

Thanks! For reference I'm looking for tank panels like this...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't have any experience of this, but could you vinyl wrap them? It would also be easy to revert back to stock at a later date if you wanted.

·
Registered
766 Posts
When I was looking to buy a Scrambler nearly two years ago the non genuine tank panels on eBay and the like were more expensive that the genuine Ducati Carbon ones we brought from the dealer.
Vinyl wrap would work just fine and would be cheap and easy to remove or change later on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, never done a vinyl wrap but with the current virus situation I have more time on my hands... as a beginner, it's a little daunting because there are so many brands of vinyl available. Can anyone recommend one to get? Looking to do matte black...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts