Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest a good place to secure a disc lock? (the mini-u types, not the 'blade' ones)

The Ducati website mentions "under-seat storage compartment," but I can't find the area; it's really tight under there. Or if there is a sturdy area of the frame that I could lock it to...

Where does everyone keep their disc lock when riding?

If the seat compartment doesn't actually exist and is part of the Ducati "mystique" I'll understand :05.18-flustered:

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts
Can anyone suggest a good place to secure a disc lock? (the mini-u types, not the 'blade' ones)

The Ducati website mentions "under-seat storage compartment," but I can't find the area; it's really tight under there. Or if there is a sturdy area of the frame that I could lock it to...

Where does everyone keep their disc lock when riding?

If the seat compartment doesn't actually exist and is part of the Ducati "mystique" I'll understand :05.18-flustered:

Thanks!
All part of the mystique...
There is a usb socket but storage somehow got forgotten(the 800 has a little tray but on the 1100 there's none).
I have a small magnetic tankbag(SW Motech Legend Gear)if I really need to store stuff like locks or something to drink/eat for along the way.
A small tail bag might also be pretty handy.
Somehow along the way lots of manufacturers have decided you don't need any storage on motorcycles...
20190526_141312.jpg

·
Registered
788 Posts
One of the beater setups I’ve seen is someone using a small holder on the rear footpeg with their disclock inside.

Not yet found something that would do the job but haven’t looked too hard. I’ve often considered making something that would attach to the threaded holes under the back seat, that the lock could fasten to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts