Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like to say hello.
I took a scrambler for a test ride yesterday an am hooked.
I took the missus out for dinner last night and got the green light.
I liked the classic except for the seat.
The dealer says i can buy an ikon seat for €180
So the question is..is the classic (really like the spoked wheels) worth the extra €1600

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I have the Classic. And the seat was one of the things that sold me on it. The spoked wheels were another. All together it just reminds me of the bikes I used to love as a child back in the 70's.

Those combine features are what make it "a classic" in my opinion ;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
If you want to change the seat I would suggest the Urban Enduro seat.The Icon seat looks and feels a bit budget!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Why wouldn't you just trade the seat ? Should be several on this forum that would like that swap. Even better I would think the dealer could find one of his customers wanting to swap.

·
Registered
564 Posts
The Classic has a diamond pattern (quilt),the UE has a fluting pattern.
Both are much plusher than the Icon seat.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I've seen and felt all the seats - IMO the most comfortable of them all is the Urban Enduro, it is very soft and plush. The classic has a softer feel cover but the actual seat doesn't feel as soft as the UE. FT seat not too bad, Icon seat like a brick (I've had a gel insert put in mine and it's way more comfortable now :D). Only downside to the other seats is the colour if you (like me) have a red Icon, I don't think brown goes with it. I may well get mine recovered at some time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not sure I like the quilted look of the classic. I've seen recent pictures of the FT seat and I think it looks awesome. Easy to change them in and out so we will see. Also getting the FT bars for my classic because don't like the high bar look I saw on some icons today at the dealer. Not quite ape bars but pretty high.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I wasn't sure about the bars but I think they look better with the brace bar that the UE has.Going to fit a bar pad to mine......when the bike arrives!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think i will save money, get a icon yellow, and get the sportline exhaust. Then later down the line get, tail tidy, bar brace, and even maybe spoked wheels.
Thanks for all you input. I actually quite liked the icon saddle, although i am a cyclist, so am used to hard uncomfortable seats.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
The quilted seat on the Classic is just that. Classic :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts