Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Can u pls share some pictures (in particular the mount) of the navigation device(s) you are using on your scrambler.

Am interested in the new tomtom 400 but many tell me to go for the Garmin 590. Whats your opinion?

And also... do i need a sat nav on a scrambler at all!?

Thx,
Chris.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have the Garmin Zumo 350lm. It's so good I use it for work in my van instead of my car orientated Tom Tom. And as I mentioned to you in a previous post it mounts very easily and securely with the ball mount on the handle bar clamp.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I decided to buy a new sat nav for the scrambler, a Tom Tom Rider, :)

I'm using Si, s idea with the ball mount on the H/bar riser clamp, and a 3" dog bone extension to clear the H/bar cross brace , works a treat, and it gets rid of that clamp etc, :rolleyes:

·
Registered
178 Posts
My wife and I both use the Garmin Zumo 340LM. On the Scrambler she has it mounted via a RAM ball through the bar clamp, neat and un obtrusive, it sits just to the left of the speedo quite nicely. This is cropped out of the only photo I have it in clearly -

·
Registered
589 Posts
I also have the Ram ball mount in place of one of the handlebar bolts. I use a TomTom Rider V2, but looking to change to a 400 as well :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
My wife and I both have TomTom Riders, I won't deviate from TomTom now.
I did once buy an all singing all dancing Garmin 660. Used it for a tour to Italy, came home and gave it away, worsest piece of crap I've ever used.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've never used TomTom products...
Can you route plan on computer and transfer custom rts to the GPS unit?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I've never used TomTom products...
It is quite easy, I have done it but don't like it. It's not that it doesn't work, It's more I prefer to go random.
The system used is called TYRE.
The TomTom riders are free lifetime map up-dates too. I think it's four times a year.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is absolutely the best site I've found for route planning -
MotoGoLoco
It uses Google Maps, you put your start and finish point in, then simply keep clicking and dragging the route onto the roads you want to ride inbetween. You can then, share the route with others, print it off, save it in various formats, or download it directly to your Garmin or TomTom. Very clever, and great for organising rides and routes where people have different sat navs.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I've tried to get the two sat nav locks for the Tom Tom Rider (the new one) I should have bought the Premium pack, but I don't need one with the car it's already built in, think it would have been cheaper in the long run, :rolleyes:

Ah well I'll have to wait, I do know they have them for sale on ebay, but I want to wait until my Honda friend/dealer has them in stock, ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I use a TomTom Rider V 2013. I like the kind of vintage look to it with that sun visor and matte black finish, fits the Scrambler quite well imho... attached it with an active holder, hooked up to the USB port cabling underneath the seat (ignition switched power). Works quite well. Heard of software problems of the new TT 400 and the screen being touch (capacitive) but not pressure sensitive so wearing thicker gloves causes trouble...

Some pics of where I put the holder and some other things I added can be found here: Things we added for convienience Ducati Scrambler Forum

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I've got the dreaded Zumo 660, it cost an arm and a leg so have it connected to my lil red beastie - it gets me in the general direction but can send me on some weird adventures .. :confused:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts