Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
I'm going to replace the rear shock on my 2015 Icon. At present this seems a choice between either the Nitron NTR R1 or the Shock Factory M-Shock. Has anyone ever used either of these or compared the two?

Pete W
New Zealand

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hyperpro worth a look.
M Shock à bit longer I hear. OK if you're not a shorty.
I don't think the M-Shock is longer Phil, I have one on mine and feel no discernible difference in height. It does, however, work well, is solidly built and is a very good price. The company owner is a Brit living in France. I've spoken with him a couple of times and he is very knowledgeable and helpful. There's a choice of colour too.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I don't think the M-Shock is longer Phil, I have one on mine and feel no discernible difference in height. It does, however, work well, is solidly built and is a very good price. The company owner is a Brit living in France. I've spoken with him a couple of times and he is very knowledgeable and helpful. There's a choice of colour too.
Sorry. Maybe it's the Maxton.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Phil and Meagain - I think you’ve helped me choose the M-Shock. And if you’re ever down under, I live near Nelson!

Pete

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi
I fitted the M-shock, black finish, and am well pleased with it. Mike Capon (the manufacturer) was very helpful. The damping adjustment is very welcome, after the non-adjustable original strut.
As an aside, I got a rear wheel puncture around 200km from home, a little while ago. I carry a "Thumbs Up" puncture repair kit (the type with 3 small gas canisters and plugs). Plugging was successful, but the canisters only good for 1.1 bar - I now carry the same kit, but with 6 canisters and a two way, compact, bicycle pump!

Cheers
Pete

1 - 11 of 11 Posts