Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the trigger for a white DS. Now I have to decide which softbags set up I will go for. OEM or the Kriega system? The Kriega system offers bigger capacity and the ability to mount a rotopax on each side carrier.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I pulled the trigger for a white DS. Now I have to decide which softbags set up I will go for. OEM or the Kriega system? The Kriega system offers bigger capacity and the ability to mount a rotopax on each side carrier.
If not too late... I got Kriega US_Combo 70 and I really like them, I had the same problem with rotopax :)
20180430_113159 (Large).jpg

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dear Marcin, I ordered the Desert Sled with the Urban Enduro softbags combo for everyday use. I am thinking next year to buy either the Mototrek GiantLoop luggage or the Magadan softbags combo. Theoretically the GiantLoop combo can be used with the OEM Desert Sled side carriers. I may use one side bag and get a Kriega side carrier to mount a rotopax there. and get a rear seat luggage to compensate for the loss of one side bag. Anyway we will see.

·
Registered
983 Posts
either the Mototrek GiantLoop luggage or the Magadan softbags combo. Theoretically the GiantLoop combo can be used with the OEM Desert Sled side carriers
I have a set of GL Mototrek panniers. I am not sure they will work with the standard racks on the exhaust side. If you had the Givi racks they should be able to be mounted. I will check the vertical clearance at some stage and see what they look like.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a set of GL Mototrek panniers. I am not sure they will work with the standard racks on the exhaust side. If you had the Givi racks they should be able to be mounted. I will check the vertical clearance at some stage and see what they look like.
L1006883.jpg

·
Registered
983 Posts
That is what I was concerned about. The hot exhaust gas aimed straight at the plastic pannier. Have you seen any effect on the bottom corner of the bag?

·
Registered
102 Posts
That is what I was concerned about. The hot exhaust gas aimed straight at the plastic pannier. Have you seen any effect on the bottom corner of the bag?
Not at all. Doesn't even get warm.

Edit: tried on a 4 hour highway ride by the way. If I sit in traffic for hours it probably get warm but I can't imagine the bags getting damaged by exhaust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I used the kriega os base platform to make back plates so I could use 32 ltr bags if needed but for shorter trips the os base and two 12 ltrs and a 30 ltr on top with all the fixings for more additions this is enough for me

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice pics. So beside the kriega bags you use Kriega side racks and kriega top rear rack?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts