Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I've just ordered a 2016 Icon from the dealer and as part of the deal they will include a Termignoni exhaust - either the Racing one or the Evo with Cat converter. I'm a new rider and was slightly hesitant getting the 2016 model due to everything I have read re the snatchy throttle..although on the Classic test bike i rode i noticed it but didn't find it a big problem, just had to use a bit more clutch than ideally i might like. So i suppose this might not be a problem, but i guess anything for a smoother ride..

So my question - is the consensus that the racing Termi does smooth out the throttle and therefore should i go for that? (obvs ignoring the environmental / not strictly allowed on the road aspect!)

thanks

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Initially I would say: get the racing Termi incl upmap, and buy the 2017 throttle tube or a G2.

But tbh, I have the Termi Evo on my bike and I love it. Legal, but it doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner. Lovely rumble on the overrun and you don't draw too much attention. With the 2017 throttle tube a dream to ride for any novice rider.

I am assuming you don't care about horse power, but driveability instead.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Max

yeah, It;s definitely enough power for me at the moment..that makes sense and I'm not that fussed about going super loud, just better than the stock is fine.

I've asked at the dealer about the 2017 throttle but they haven't been super helpful, we talked about the G2 and he was quite negative on it. So I can just get a 2017 throttle tube from a dealer right?

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Yessir.

Or find a Desert Sled owner that thinks his throttle is too soft. Straight swap afaik.

Where do you live?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy then..

I'm in Hong Kong. Not many scramblers living in HK on this forum i don't think

·
Registered
255 Posts
This the part you need:

65420461A
I made this change to my bike the other week ... big difference.
One thing to be aware of - when I ordered the part the dealership told me the part number was the same as the old one.
This is correct.
The part number did not change in 2017 ... but the actual part did.

·
Registered
234 Posts
... we talked about the G2 and he was quite negative on it. ...
Sadly, that's just typical dealer nonsense. He probably doesn't carry it as a stock item.
My 2017 FT came with the new Ducati throttle drum. I replaced it with the G2 Throttle Tamer. The overall speed of the throttle is very close, but the G2 is much smoother in operation due to it being a precision aluminum piece with Delrin bearings AND having a smoother, better designed cam curve.

I'll never put the stock throttle drum back so it's available if anyone wants it for the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sadly, that's just typical dealer nonsense. He probably doesn't carry it as a stock item.
My 2017 FT came with the new Ducati throttle drum. I replaced it with the G2 Throttle Tamer. The overall speed of the throttle is very close, but the G2 is much smoother in operation due to it being a precision aluminum piece with Delrin bearings AND having a smoother, better designed cam curve.

I'll never put the stock throttle drum back so it's available if anyone wants it for the cost of shipping.
Hi,

Ill take it. please dm me so I can send you all info, im new at the forum so I don't know how to dm.

thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So finally picked my bike up yesterday and what a beauty..done some great riding around HK island today. The 2017 throttle tube i had fitted has made a noticeable difference, super smooth now IMO and for me being a newbie , i think that's a good thing. I can see why some prefer the original however - proper off from the go and less wrist rotation. cheers all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts