Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pro-Italia in southern California is taking pre-orders for a selection of Scrambler accessories (with a 3/16 ship date). Are any other US dealers doing this? Just wondering.

alan

·
Registered
396 Posts
My dealer took a pre-order added the Termi slip-on race exhaust and the little micro windscreen to my bike order (and for 10% off). I'm guessing any dealer can pre-order parts for the bikes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My dealer in Colorado has 10 scramblers on order, not all are spoken for. They are having a Scrambler Demo tomorrow, can't wait to ride one!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks BiffNotZeem for starting thread. I called my dealer and sure enough I was able to order full termi high slung exhaust system for my Classic along with headlight grill, billet plugs and handlebar weights and dashboard trim and belly plan plate. The dealer was not able to get info on the classic canvas and leather bags but I assume they will not fit or look nice with the hi exhaust. I got a 10% discount on top of the discount my dealer offers for first accessory order when you buy a new bike from them.

Some of the accessories are not interchangeable with all models. I was surprised because I thought you could plug and play all accessories. I am also nervous about the heat from the termi but I love the look of the exhaust system. If it is uncomfortable I will ebay the system and get the termi single slipon.

I sat on bike last week (Icon) and diid not like the look of the mirrors but they are super functional giving great rear visibility.

I was not pleased with the clutch lever (a little tight ) but will wait until the bike comes in and see how comfortable the levers and rearsets are. If I am unhappy with them, I am sure that Rizoma will offer versions soon enough. I hope I can figure a way to hang a rear side bag off the left side of the bike. I just noticed there is a grab rail that I probably could hang something similar to a swingarm bag on it.

The dealer also offered to extend the initial discount that they offer to include the first accessory order I place after the bike comes in. It is going to be a long 4-5 months wait. At least I know I wouldn't ride until april at the earliest because of the weather and road salt around here.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back in Feb, I ordered a couple of Scrambler accessories from Pro Italia (the belly pan and the tank protector). I figured that I would get plenty of opportunity to buy them from my local dealer, but I really wanted to know if the ship date that they had on their web site was for real.

As noted above, their web site indicated that the ship date was 16 Mar, which was last Monday. Well, it is now 19 Mar, so I checked the status of my order and it is "Holding For Items", so I guess the date wasn't real.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts