Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or to be more specific, what are the differences between the DS’ front wheel and the regular Scramblers?

Axle diameter? Or is it just spacers to cover the wider stance of the fork legs?

Anyone?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
The axle diameter is much bigger on the Sled. I have dabbled with this and noted the sizes but I’m away from home at the moment.
As I remember it the wheels will change over and just the bearings would need swopped over.
It’s the bearing ID that’s different but the OD is the same.

If it’s something you really want to know and can wait a week then I can drop the wheels from both and tell you exactly what the score is. ( not if you’re just being nosey )

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hui I'm still in the nosey stage, you don't need to drop the wheels just to check a dimension. But thanks for the offer, appreciate it!

I was cleaning my wheels yesterday and got a bit cranky over the non-stainless spokes and the gold rims (I prefer black ones), so my wife told me: then get black ones with stainless spokes (cerakoted black stainless of course).

I may consider doing that one day, but I want to hold on to whether the Indian FTR1200 goes into production or not, and if the final product still looks like the prototype they presented a few months ago....

Anyway, I saw a pair of hubs on Ebay and wondered if they would fit, hence my question. But that would still involve new bearings and a spacer in between them....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts