Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
The numbering sequence seems to be completely random as my bike which was one of the first Classics in the UK, reg'd 6th May, is # 4420.Yet there are many on here which are much younger with lower frame numbers. I also expect that the Thai built bikes run a different sequence from the Bologna built ones.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The numbering sequence seems to be completely random as my bike which was one of the first Classics in the UK, reg'd 6th May, is # 4420.Yet there are many on here which are much younger with lower frame numbers. I also expect that the Thai built bikes run a different sequence from the Bologna built ones.
I tend to agree with you. I received my Icon back in May, so the #46 frame number seemed consistent with an early production run. But I have seen others shipped sooner than that with higher numbers. Sometimes much higher. So I don't know what the sequencing is.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello
I also expect that the Thai built bikes run a different sequence from the Bologna built ones.
The VIN number includes a "B", for Bologna plant, before the last 6 figures. If Thai Scrambler includes another letter, this would allow identical figures for the serial part of the VIN number for 2 bikes built in different places.

101 - 108 of 108 Posts