Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So we have been seeing all of these advertisements about "Scrambler you are" and all of these attractive Italianos out being super spontaneous, and having just a metric ton of fun with their Scramblers.

Here is our newest contest: We are going to give away a set of Barstow 100% Goggles and all you have to do is give us a little bit of thought and some word play.

Think about the most awesome trip that you can think of on your Scrambler, and then tell us all about it. It is that simple. The trip can be in your own back yard, or it can be on the other side of the globe. We just want to hear all about the things that you want to do aboard the Scrambler and the things that you want to see.

If you want to plan a route on a map, if you want to just write a story, if you want to provide an itinerary, it is up to you how you want to tell us! Remember, the sky is the limit! Don't think about money or logistics of getting your bike transported. We are talking DREAM here. Dream big and assume that your bike is already at point A on your trip. If it with buddies, then they are all there too!

That's it. I will run this contest for 2 weeks and then select the winner.

Contest will close on Monday, March 30th at 4:00 PM CST. Get your entries in for your chance at a set of 100% Barstow Goggles from your friends at ScramblerForum.com!

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well where shall I start. In Kent UK in around 10 weeks time in actual time. The trip of my year to be repeated this time on the Yellow Scrambler to the Isle of Man TT instead of my Monster like in 2013. The thing is I was going to trailer her up because I cannot go from Liverpool this time and another 80 miles on top. Around 350 miles to the port on my bike may seem a long way but I reckon it will be a hoot in that relaxed way she rides. Now kit is being loaded into Kriega packs so that will bee interesting. Time to buy cheap Tees and discard at other end in a recycle bin maybe. Going with 8 friends plus meeting some over and am going to make this trip better than my last. Now I must explain that I have IBS so its not easy for me but so far this bike has been a comfort because of its style being relaxed. My diet has also changed a bit more so you understand its a big deal for me and quite a challenge. That's what drives me on to get over it and have a good time. Once I am there its pure lets just relax and hope no dramas and watch them race guys do their stuff. I am based just outside Onchan near signpost corner before it gets to Douglas and there for 8 days I think. In that time I hope to have ridden 500-750 miles at least around there seeing all the island and scenery. Last time it rained all our entire journey up for 8 hours so hoping not this time. I did around 1500 miles last time but suffered bad mornings so this is my chance to make that a thing of the past. I will I assure you take photos and videos and last time took 2,500 pics over the 10 days. Its going to be a good one this time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I want to ride the 2200 mile trip of Route 66. I want to stop and get pie and check out all the motorcycle shops along the way, stay in some quirky places or just camp out. I will go with my husband and our friends who also ride. I will take my time to make sure I get to see and do everything fun along the way. I think the Scrambler will be the perfect bike for this adventure. I love retro bikes, cafe racers, and nostalgic places so this trip will be my dream trip on my new Scrambler. I want to ride some adventures now before I am too old to enjoy them, seeing my Mom struggle with all alzhiemers disease really makes you greatful for every ride and every adventure. I will do the Route 66 trip and I know it will be awesome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
It must have been five years ago, when I heard this rugged ol' biker tell me about his annual spring trip over the Norwegian alps. I will tell you about the trip. To ride it, has become my biggest dream. One day I will. One day...

But first join me back to my childhood days, in the small coastal town of Holmestrand, Norway. It's a quiet town, but there is a sound familiar to all of us, that always tore it's sky. The sound of a Ducati. As it happens, the Norwegian importer of these Italian beauties are set on the cliffs above the docks. As a small boy, I would stand gazing like a sticker on Løvaas Motor's window display. Often holding up my mother, that would need to drag me along to the grocery store. One day, I thought. One day...

The day never came. Growing up, I moved to Oslo, where no bike was needed. Nor could I afford it. Some fifteen years later I had kids, and moved back to my childhood town. It must be five years ago, around the time this ol' biker told me his story, that I would stand gazing at the Ducati's once again. Now with my three sons. "I want one dad. I want one really bad!" -They had become me as a child. "I know, son. Me too." "But dad! You're a grown up now. You can actually do it! So why don't you?" I had no good answer. My wife had several. Every spring the story from the ol' biker pops up in my head.

-There is nothing like it, the ol' biker said. Bringing her out. Zipping up. Pushing the button... We meet at the same spot every year. Then we go. Rocketing up mountains. The walls of snow along the road up there exceeds three meters at this time of year. You smell the ice. The freshness. Its like a crisp tunnel opening up to the green valley and the fjords below. And down we go. The walls of snow sinks. Descent becomes scent. Heather. Grass. Willowherb. Ocean. Rock. Birds start singing. We ride from winter to summer in minutes. There is nothing quite like it. Nothing in the whole wide world.

Spring, snow is melting. The story pops up in my head once again. I saunter by Løvaas Motor late at night - throw a stolen peek into their window display. BAM!!!! There it is. The '62 Yellow Scrambler Icon...

Like a maniac I run home and Google all about it. Obsession. That was five days ago. Today, I passed the theoretic exam for my motorcycle license. The practical and final test is just a few weeks ahead. The Norwegian Alps, valleys and fjords are waiting for me and my Scrambler. We'll be there, one day. One day very soon!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I will NOT tell you exactly where I dream to ride with my new red Scrambler. Why? Because its a hidden beach on the Euboa island in Greece. If I tell you too much, it will not be anymore a hidden and absolutely fantastic beach. You cannot reach it by car as there is not street, just some off-road paths. I was there some years ago with a rented Moto Guzzi. On our way home to our hotel I had a small accident, nothing seriously but my wife's brand new shoes were destroyed...You can certainly imagine how lovely the following days have been...

So I want to invite my wife now years later again to this wonderful beach with my new Scrambler. And yes, I will have some new shoes in my backpack!

·
Registered
4 Posts
timelapse-across-america.jpg

Something close to this. Planning for next summer, two friends and myself driving camping and visiting friends for 5 weeks. Just imagine camping in the Grand Canyon with your Scrambler parked just outside your tent!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well my Urban will be seeing a couple of decent trips in its first year. In September the Bol d'Or 24hr endurance round is back the the Circuit Paul Ricard in the South of France. This used to be an annual trip for me and a few mates a couple of decades ago, so I'm really happy it's back home. A good friend of mine emigrated to Australia many years ago, but he's flying back and I'm lending him my Scrambler for the 1600 mile round trip, it'll be fantastic and a real trip to bring back some great memories.

My second trip is planned for 2016. A few friends and myself are planning a tripcto Morocco, for some decent off road track riding, and a few nights under the stars in the desert. I may need to re think tyres, but other than that the Scrambler should be fine, we're not talking about Paris -Dakar stuff here! So this time next year my bike will no doubt have some war wounds, and a few stories under its wheels, I can't wait!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Awaken early...groggy from the party the night before, twisted in silk bedding and toned female legs that belong to a pair of women, might be twins by the look. Drawing a blank on their names and not bothered by it. Slight hangover so I reach for the only medicine I know, a beer from the bar fridge. I've brewed it myself so I know the mid strength alcohol content will give me a buzz but not enough to dull the senses and I'll need them all today. Quick shower and I dress in my favorite selvedge denim and white shirt tan leather jacket. Feeling relaxed but tight, nerves like the flash of light off a sharp knife edge I make my way to the back of my plane and wait for the green light to signify we are in the drop zone. I take a moment while gearing up to view the glorious simplicity of my ride. It's a yellow Ducati Scrambler, screaming fun in my face. Patient, powerful, poised for action. I mount the beast and bring the engine to life. The exhaust note is deep and raspy and brings a tingle to the back of my neck...then....the roar of the rear hatch brings me slamming into the present and opens to crisp morning air 30,000 feet above the Mantiqueira Mountains in South Easter Brazil. "BLING" The red light turns green and I gun it, the front wheel lifting easily with a twist of the throttle. After throwing a few casual back flips as I exit the plane I level out and point the bike towards the drop zone. The sun is just coming over the cloudless horizon and the vista below me is glorious. I can see my final destination for the day, Rio De Janeiro in distance, lights still twinkling as the morning sun has not yet touched it. It promises another night of debauchery and consumption. Nearing the drop zone I prepare to pull both our 'chutes for the landing. Oh how I look forward to the climb down, up, and around the those twisty mountain roads, relatively empty at this time of day. The perfect start to what will be the perfect day...

·
Registered
619 Posts
My perfect ride, On any given day in any given place. As the sun rises at lets say this time some beautiful beach of the coast of I forget where because the only thing on my mind is my bike and the thrill of the throttle. As expected I had been awaken by my maid sitting by the pool with a plate full of bacon and some hand squeezed orange juice as well as a cup of freshly ground coffee. " the pancakies are on the stove" she says as she trots away. As the sky begins to brighten and turn pink, I lace up my boots and wander around with a mouth full of still hot bacon. Cheerful that no-one vomited in my helmet this go round as i pick it up by the straps. After a quick cake I am out the door and in the sand before I realize what I am doing. The smell of the Ocean is rewarding but the water that puddles is a rude awakening as I blast through them on a occasion. Finally into the city I meet up with my mates. The thunder of all 9 bikes blasting through the downtown structures is better then music, its beauty and harmony in motion. Filtering through the dense work cloud is stressful but we all know it will be worth it, a battle through the mechanical beasts as we target the mountains, the twists and turns run for miles and we all know that midway through our journey there will be plenty of BBQ and home made booze to settle our nerves. Hours fly by as does the day and we are back. and as the Sun sets we all know we all know that the race to the bottom in the morning will be twice the fun as the climb to the top. And for the rest of our years we will repeat until we turn to dust in the winds, the kind of dust that chases a biker through a turn at top speed on the ride of his life.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ho letto dei vostri propositi e sono tornato indietro nel tempo, altri tempi altra età altre velleità, Oggi il mio desiderio e di usarla Il più possibile per andarci al lavoro Quando ho finito di lavorare scegliere un percorso più lungo per tornare a casa , passare a prendere la moglie e andarcene al mare ,qualche weekend e ogni occasione possibile di utilizzo solo per il piacere di viaggiare senza pensare alla destinazione , ma soprattutto una scarica di ricordi dei tempi passati per vivere al meglio gli attuali...

I read your intentions and I went back in time , other times other age other ambitions , Today my desire and use it much as possible to go to work when I finished working choose a longer route to get home , go to take the wife and get out to sea , some weekends and every opportunity to use just for the pleasure of traveling without thinking about the destination , but above all a rush of memories of past times to better enjoy the current ....

·
Registered
1 Posts
On a beautifull sunny day I would like to drive to Austria, where we can ski some hours, and come back after some nice tracks in the snow also with the Full Throttle!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've had my Yellow Icon for a month now and it has quickly become one of my all-time favorite toys. My slip-on Termi and heated grips have finally arrived and I head out packed for a couple week trip. I get an early start because it's a 2 1/2 hour ride to the dealer and I want to be there when they open, to have my accessories installed. I drop off the bike and walk to a nearby restaurant for some brunch and to kill some time. I pull out my phone to check for messages from my new Srambler virtual acquaintances. There are seven of us from the eastern states. We have talked and planned on the web but never actually met in person. I wonder if my virtual impressions of these guys will match their reality, when we meet face to face. It looks like everyone is on the road and headed to our rendezvous in Elkins, WV.

I get a third cup of coffee, knowing that I will probably be sorry when I have to make an extra pit stop just to pee, then head back to the shop to see if they have finished my bike.
"Just finishing up now", I am told. Wow. I am loving this new sound and feel of the bike with the new exhaust and tune. The temps are warm but I test the heated grips just to see how they are working. On the road again. The first trip with my Scrambler.

Since I am still in my home state and have ridden all the good roads between State College and Elkins many times, I elect to do the direct route just to get to Elkins, where the "Great Twisties Tour of 2015" will begin. I jump onto I-99 and get into a high speed tuck and start cruising southbound. At the southern end I do a pit stop in Bedford. From there the 4 lane becomes 2 and I continue on rt 220. Straight, boring, 55 mph speed limit but really quite scenic and I have turned my bluetooth helmet speakers on for this part. A little Blues to keep my mind off the less than exciting parts of this ride. Soon I have left PA and traversed a narrow band of Maryland and entered the mountain mamma state, WV.

Route 50 has some twisties as it plies its way westward, crossing the mountain ranges that run north/south. Then I hang a left on US 219 which offers a more steady selection of twists and turns. Just enough to wet the appetite. I pull around the back of the motel and there are 2 yellows and 1 red Icon parked in a row. I add Yellow number three and dismount, strip off the helmet and gloves and start shaking hands with my fellow riders. I check-in and buzz down the road to pick up some beverages and when I get back I see the numbers have become more equal, as two more red Icons have joined the party. We gab for a couple hours and then the final bike, another yellow pulls in. We give him a little time to decompress and the whole crew heads across the street to the steakhouse for some dinner.

We all try to get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow the real fun starts.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.