Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me to understand why it is preferable to buy the Scrambler 1100 over a Monster ? You learned opinions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
140 Posts
Scra 1100 more easy going touring cruisin old fashioned bike. More easy for everykind of drivers.
not a sloppy bike but easier. The monster is a real monster. Canyons king. Powerfull. Sporty. Not best choice for touring. Not for everybody not any use. IMO

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
It is not preferable to ride the 1100 Scram over the Monster (which one btw? 821 or 1200?). It’s just a matter of choice...

·
Registered
894 Posts
I don’t like the Monster riding position. I prefer to sit upright’ish far more comfortable for me.

·
Registered
794 Posts
If you have a beard maintained by the local barber, wear a checked flannel shirt, have a chain on your wallet and like to ride short distances from coffee shop to coffee shop for over priced coffee made by highly trained baristas then you buy the Scrambler 1100.
If you are a hardcore leather clad racer kinda guy you buy the Monster.

Or just buy the one that makes you smile the most during a test ride.

·
Registered
231 Posts
A few reasons for me...

1. Not a huge fan of the styling of the newer Monsters. It's okay, but I prefer the classic styling of the Scrambler.
2. A real steel old school gas tank, not a plastic one covered by a valance.
3. Love the power of the Monster 1200, but not the radiator and coolant lines snaking all over the front/side.
4. It's more or less the spiritual reincarnation of the Monster 1100 EVO, with more classic bike styling.
5. It's probably the last large displacement aircooled Ducati, as everything is going liquid cooled and I prefer aircooled for naked bikes.

and 6. What Skippy said! ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Because it makes you smile?

I don’t think anyone else can give you a compelling reason to choose one over the other.

In the end, motorbikes in general and Ducs in particular aren’t really a rational decision.

Buy the one that calls to your soul. And if they both do, it doesn’t matter which you choose, neither will be a bad choice.

Personally, I feel the current Monsters have lost some of the Monster ethos. They’re just not as pure as the original bikes. And I really dislike the droopy, Neanderthal headlight look.

That said, the Scrambler 1100 is too lardy, a bit soft and not awfully pretty.

I like the simplicity and light weight of my Icon. Is it perfect? Nope, not by a very long way. The suspension is shocking, finish questionable and power merely adequate. But it makes me smile every single time I get on it.

bm

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nicely said
ive got an M900 and waiting for delivery of Sixty2 black this week...can’t get excited by the M-1200 or the 1100 Scrambler either Sticking with these others also

·
Registered
140 Posts
Desmo you love grannies ha ha ha
I Owned a pantah 600 from 70's. custom white from the factory. Great looking bike! But no comparison with new if you love to drive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts