Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Well, I have seen CR's converted to regular seats and sidepanels by just replacing the sidepanels, and the inner fender (to relocate the seat latch lock).

Right? Or was that just to get rid of the "54" side panels?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Well, I have seen CR's converted to regular seats and sidepanels by just replacing the sidepanels, and the inner fender (to relocate the seat latch lock).

Right? Or was that just to get rid of the "54" side panels?
You sure? I bought my independent saddle off a cafe racer owner who bought it to replace the std c/r one but it wouldn't fit due to the different subframe (his words not mine) also I was bidding on the ducati c/r flat saddle but I was told it would only fit the c/r, so removed my bid.
upload_2019-1-11_12-40-58.png

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I just asked AstroScrambler, all 800 seats are interchangeable, incl the CR. It's indeed the sidepanels and the lock.

A CR seat should fit a regular 800 Scrambler

·
Registered
892 Posts
Where did the idea that Ducati do not sell CR seats come from? Is it simply because it has been assumed that as they are not listed as an accessory on a web site that means you can’t buy one?
If you walk into any Ducati dealer anywhere in the world and ask the parts person to order you in a CR seat and any other parts you want they will be more than happy to oblige.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
You sure? I bought my independent saddle off a cafe racer owner who bought it to replace the std c/r one but it wouldn't fit due to the different subframe (his words not mine) also I was bidding on the ducati c/r flat saddle but I was told it would only fit the c/r, so removed my bid.
View attachment 38015
That was me sorry - got it for a pony w/o you in the race. :applouse:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Where did the idea that Ducati do not sell CR seats come from? Is it simply because it has been assumed that as they are not listed as an accessory on a web site that means you can’t buy one?
If you walk into any Ducati dealer anywhere in the world and ask the parts person to order you in a CR seat and any other parts you want they will be more than happy to oblige.
Except for paint to match the yellow on your FTP. Believe me, I REALLY had to dig around to get it.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Actually, I recall an FTP owner right here on this forum that has a CR seat on his bike (with resprayed cover, very nice).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts