Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read from several people's posts there can be a price difference of up to $100.00 USD between the yellow and red Icons.

Does anyone know the reason for it?

Here in the Philippines, the prices are the same. I find it as an odd marketing strategy.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
It's a GBP£100 difference here in the UK. They have a surplus of red paint in Italy :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it's a $200 premium in the US for yellow. Why? Because it's faster. ;)
I was expecting someone would reason the yellows were faster..
It's a GBP£100 difference here in the UK. They have a surplus of red paint in Italy :)
Italian red paint surplus is a good thing. Too bad I wasn't given a discount for it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Its indeed a strategy. Ducati decided that everything else than the standard "Ducati Red" is an option and therefore surplus in price. Got the information of my dealer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
They charge an extra 200 dollars for the yellows because they include many tissues to wipe off the tears every time the red ones pass them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
They charge an extra 200 dollars for the yellows because they include many tissues to wipe off the tears every time the red ones pass them.
It is a known scientific fact, corroborated in many experimental settings, that yellow 62 Scrambler Icons run AT LEAST 64,72 mph faster than any three other Scramblers, 11% more torque AND 7,45 more hp! So cry babies!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
AND more people take pics of my (red) one than the common yellow ones parked at the Ponderosa :D:D:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Don't tell Ducati but I bought the yellow Icon as I like the colour. If they had painted the wheels yellow and put a Red seat on the bike I would have been happy to part with even more cash.

Personal choice in a free society is great, long may it continue. It's the Senna grey ducati monster 1000 that's right and wrong at the same time with its orange wheels. I shouldn't like it but do.

Get the fashion police out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts