Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Ducati scrambler 1100 sport
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
`````````````Hello all,,,,I have a 2018 Ducati scrambler 1100 sport just purchased used w 8,700 on clock. Love the throaty deep roar of competition werks exhaust on the 1100 as heard on youtube.

-do i need 2 slip on CW exhausts + 2 separate baffles?
-Do I need to remove my cat-converter?
-Any air/fuel issues or other issues to worry about w this mod?

on another subject, will a 2" ROX PIVOT RISER fit onto the clamping area of my H-bars? Is my clamping area 1 & 1/4th "? Will I need to change to any longer cable controls? Any other problems/work involved? Will adding the 2" rox pivot riser allow me a more upright seating position?

WILD ONE 1

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi.
The Comp werkes ex Hauser is a low mount/low exit exhaust. You can see the bend on the pipes in their pic.
It comes with a flapper valve bypass module, and requires removal of the cat. It didn’t take too long…just don’t mess up the gasket (I didn’t read….). Drops a ton of weight too boot.

I put in the dB killer, and it sounds amazing. Does pop on decel, but I like that. Without the dB killer itwas race loud to me.
According to Comp Werkes and what I saw in my
Limited riding- no ECU flash is necessary.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi.
The Comp werkes ex Hauser is a low mount/low exit exhaust. You can see the bend on the pipes in their pic.
It comes with a flapper valve bypass module, and requires removal of the cat. It didn’t take too long…just don’t mess up the gasket (I didn’t read….). Drops a ton of weight too boot.

I put in the dB killer, and it sounds amazing. Does pop on decel, but I like that. Without the dB killer itwas race loud to me.
According to Comp Werkes and what I saw in my
Limited riding- no ECU flash is necessary. View attachment 48554
Hello,

I get what u said and looked at your pic. is your photo of an 1100 showing the C-werks or photo of an 803 duc scrambler 's engine? Ck my photo again,,,,,,,,I have a 2018 duc 1100 sport w dual upright rear left and right side exhausts? Confused,,,,,,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Competition werkes doesn’t make ANY other pipe than what’s in my pic.

Which is on their website.
The ONLY pipe on their website…

I’m not trying to be rude, but a simple google search would show you that CW only makes the one pipe. Another search would show you (ducati) your pipes bolt under the seat in 2x places.
The CW pipe deletes everything from the header connector back.
Even though my bike is a different year than yours, it is an 1100, and that is how your pipe will look if you buy one from competition werkes.

There are a bunch of other manufactures that make dual exit pipes under the seat. most of these retain the stock catalytic converter and the problematic butterfly valve.

if you do go with the competition works – i highly, highly recommend it. it is much lighter and the sound is amazing!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Competition werkes doesn’t make ANY other pipe than what’s in my pic.

Which is on their website.
The ONLY pipe on their website…

I’m not trying to be rude, but a simple google search would show you that CW only makes the one pipe. Another search would show you (ducati) your pipes bolt under the seat in 2x places.
The CW pipe deletes everything from the header connector back.
Even though my bike is a different year than yours, it is an 1100, and that is how your pipe will look if you buy one from competition werkes.

There are a bunch of other manufactures that make dual exit pipes under the seat. most of these retain the stock catalytic converter and the problematic butterfly valve.

if you do go with the competition works – i highly, highly recommend it. it is much lighter and the sound is amazing!
reply to doombuggy73;

Curious as if YOU did the install yourself on your 1100 scrambler of the compettion werks exhaust or did u have anther w mechanical ability do this install? I ask because I asked a mechanic to provide a labor estimate/he's $90 an hr. , so IF u did the install, around how long did it take in hours? My mechanic had no clue; he could research it but you might know now,,,,,,,,,thank you,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh crap- yeah man that’s a ton of $.

I did it myself. It was pretty easy. Hardest part was getting the cat out of the swingarm. Took a bunch of swearing and about 10 tries and it finally popped out.

Their instructions are very good! Big tip was Using good hex heads- some of the Ducati fasteners are Swiss cheese, very soft.

sorry for popping off on my last message. I apologize, buried my brother in law…a little stressed.

hit me up anytime

I do have a video- I’ll see if I can attach it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I did it myself. It was pretty easy. Hardest part was getting the cat out of the swingarm. Took a bunch of swearing and about 10 tries and it finally popped out.

Their instructions are very good! Big tip was Using good hex heads- some of the Ducati fasteners are Swiss cheese, very soft.

sorry for popping off on my last message. I apologize, buried my brother in law…a little stressed.

hit me up anytime

No worries mate,,,,,,,,good reply and helpful tips.

·
Registered
56 Posts

hit me up anytime

Hey Doom, condolences!

If you get a chance that video would be great thank you! I'm interested in the gasket as it doesn't look like there's any space for it, I was planning on just sliding on my new decat link pipe (flaring slightly if needed) with some ceramic paste and leaving it as that. Obviously the Pro models like ours don't have the little helper spring underneath either but I'm hoping putting the bolts back on will hold it secure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Comp Werkes does indeed only make a single exit low mount slip on for the 1100's. They DO make other dual exit slip on's for OTHER bikes (see Honda CBR). But making those fit the 1100 scrambler would probably require extensive modification and honestly would look pretty wacky no matter what. Not to mention the performance mis-match.

Also want to throw in - you should seriously consider getting an ECU reflash or upmap key of some sort for your bike if you're going to install a slip on. Slip on manufacturers will happily tell you no re-tune is required if it means you're going to buy their product. Not saying they are acting maliciously - your bike isn't going to explode without the re-tune. Just saying your bike will appreciate knowing what to do with the fuel/air ratio with the re-tune. Also means you'll take better advantage of the (admittedly little) power gain.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Comp Werkes does indeed only make a single exit low mount slip on for the 1100's. They DO make other dual exit slip on's for OTHER bikes (see Honda CBR). But making those fit the 1100 scrambler would probably require extensive modification and honestly would look pretty wacky no matter what. Not to mention the performance mis-match.

Also want to throw in - you should seriously consider getting an ECU reflash or upmap key of some sort for your bike if you're going to install a slip on. Slip on manufacturers will happily tell you no re-tune is required if it means you're going to buy their product. Not saying they are acting maliciously - your bike isn't going to explode without the re-tune. Just saying your bike will appreciate knowing what to do with the fuel/air ratio with the re-tune. Also means you'll take better advantage of the (admittedly little) power gain.
In all honestly, a remap is probably only necessary/advisable if you are removing the Cat? Changing the end cans nowadays is mostly for looks and maybe a little sound if you take the DB killers out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts