Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The newest Scramblers come with a1100cc engine.
The 1100 pro weights even less than the actual Desert Sled with a 800cc Engine..
A Lighter DS is even better for Off-road tours.
Do you think Ducati will offer a Desert Sled with a 1100cc engine in 2021?
What should the 2021 Model come with in your eyes?
Hopefully there will be a red framed Desert Sled with big engine in 2021 - i would be buyer No 1 :D

·
Registered
889 Posts
The Desert Sled is heavier because it has a beefed up frame swing arm and suspension. Any 1100cc Desert Sled variant whether it is the Scrambler X or just a Sled will be similarly beefed up with the appropriate weight gain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got off of a Multistrada 1200 Enduro. It was 500 lbs + dry and wet.....fogedaboudit! I now am building a true dual sport 800 Desert Sled, so I can go where I would not dare on the Multi. Off road I felt like the Multi was riding me not the other way around and I am a former Desert and MX racer. Of course....the lowest horsepower setting in Enduro mode was 100 hp! God help you if you dropped it with more than a couple of gallons gas in it. Seems like the 1100 Scrambler would be a street bike with high fenders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got off of a Multistrada 1200 Enduro. It was 500 lbs + dry and wet.....fogedaboudit! I now am building a true dual sport 800 Desert Sled, so I can go where I would not dare on the Multi. Off road I felt like the Multi was riding me not the other way around and I am a former Desert and MX racer. Of course....the lowest horsepower setting in Enduro mode was 100 hp! God help you if you dropped it with more than a couple of gallons gas in it. Seems like the 1100 Scrambler would be a street bike with high fenders.
Agree. I would not look forward to additional weight. I could use a little, not much, extra power: high-flow air filter + iridium spark plugs + header exhaust system (w/o reprogramming, w/noise plugs) work fine for me. My target is less than 400 lbs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I notice that the sled is about the same weight as the Yamaha T7 which is well regarded as a capable dualsport but I'm dreaming of the day when we can buy a new version of the Moto Morini camel 500. 137kg/300lbs for an Italian twin. For all of us ageing bikers it'd be the perfect bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey Sea Monkey, do you have a plan to get your Sled down to 400lbs or less? I had an Urban Enduro which was 400lbs and I have noticed that the extra 50lbs in the Sled blunts the performance a little. I'd be really interested in your plan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So i rented a desert sled at my local dealer. They let me know, that ducati will publish some new scramblers for 2021.
When i asked if there will be a new Desert Sled, they couldn't tell me. Maybe they really dont know as ''just dealers', or maybe they aren't allowed to leak any information? We will never know...
But they said, that they hope themself as privat bikers, that ducati will publish a Desert Sled with a bigger Fuel Tank and with a bigger engine.... was that a friendly hint? Hope so! It keeps beeing interessting.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So to refresh this thread, the official publish dates for the new Ducatis:

5th Novembre
11th Novembre
25th Novembre

Stay tuned... i am crossing my fingers in hope for a DS 2021

1 - 11 of 11 Posts