Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed my tank which is now refitted but I forgot to measure the position of the OEM tank badges. Can someone with an 1100 please measure them for me? Say measure from the front of the side panel to the badge, and from the top of the panel to the badge.
Thanks in anticipation. :acne:

·
Registered
797 Posts
I removed my tank which is now refitted but I forgot to measure the position of the OEM tank badges. Can someone with an 1100 please measure them for me? Say measure from the front of the side panel to the badge, and from the top of the panel to the badge.
Thanks in anticipation. :acne:
I don't know if you figured it out already but if not looking at the pictures it can't be that hard. I would measure it for you but not right now but to me it looks pretty easy to figure out the position with this picture.
2019-Ducati-Scrambler-1100d.jpg

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Can you print the above image or similar out to represent the actual size, cut the badge out with a scalpel and use as a template?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can use the badges stuck on with blue tac. If you’re not familiar with that it’s a compound made to be sticky but removable without leaving a mark.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Blue Tac the wonder material for many hifi freaks that read Hifi Choice and What Hifi back in the day :happy7:
OFF TOPIC! : I don't remember that one please tell me more. Do you remember the special pens you could buy that were used to colour the edges of CDs to 'improve the sound'!

·
Registered
797 Posts
OFF TOPIC! : I don't remember that one please tell me more. Do you remember the special pens you could buy that were used to colour the edges of CDs to 'improve the sound'!
I shure do! So many audio tweaks and businesses proffiting from the strangest idea's. One of my favourites must be the cable lift...
I did love those magazines though and do use the Blue Tack myself to fix my Dynaudio 1.3 SE bookshelf speakers to their stands. But some guys went totally mad claiming some of these sticky materials sounded better then others and even fussing on the right amounts and placing blobs of the stuff on all kind of equipment claiming it made it sound better...
Bostic Blu Tack Speaker Securing Material
DF-SS Cable Elevator - The Shunyata Distribution Company

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just stick it on there, it will look nice. In fact I would mount it lower and forward for a different look.

Yea, audiophiles can get obsessed. I know a guy that listens to his expensive wall socket. LOL
The hospital grade wall sockets sound better than the standard wall sockets apparently.
The speaker wires are directional too with arrows printed on the cables. Of course the VanDenHul Royal Jade Silver speaker cables sound better installed backwards a sales guy told me.
I admit one needs to spend a few bucks and set up right to get a nice sound but the 'tweaks' are a bit silly sometimes.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Just stick it on there, it will look nice. In fact I would mount it lower and forward for a different look.

Yea, audiophiles can get obsessed. I know a guy that listens to his expensive wall socket. LOL
The hospital grade wall sockets sound better than the standard wall sockets apparently.
The speaker wires are directional too with arrows printed on the cables. Of course the VanDenHul Royal Jade Silver speaker cables sound better installed backwards a sales guy told me.
I admit one needs to spend a few bucks and set up right to get a nice sound but the 'tweaks' are a bit silly sometimes.
There is certainly some gain to be made with good wires and equipment but the qualities some people subscribe to power leads, sockets and connectors and all different kind of wires and wooden blocks is sometimes pretty ridiculous.
Do have the van Den Hull interconects and OCOS speaker cables though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts