Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Italia Independent version has a different plastic windscreen up front or spoiler (I suppose). Are there any windscreen manufacturers that make a windscreen for how it would attach to the Italia's headlight or elsewhere?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I emailed Dart FlyScreens and they told me they don't make any for the Italia, same as they don't make any for the Cafe Racer...not sure we'll find a windscreen for our bikes...

·
Registered
734 Posts
Rizoma screen?, just need to use Headlight Fairing Adapter for their screen.
Rizoma has 2 screen sizes.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
If you're installing a windscreen anyway, can't you just remove the Italia's headlight surround? Or would that leave an ugly gap?

·
Registered
954 Posts
As far as I can tell the Italia has the exact same headlight and indicator set up as the other models. The only difference is the small cowling around the headlight. As the Italia was very limited in numbers it be unlikely that any manufacturer has a screen for one so it will either require a (very expensive) custom one off solution or for the owner to simply remove the cowling and fit any screen they want. Putting a screen on the bike sort of makes the cowling superfluous anyway.

Ilalia

Standard Ducati fly screen

·
Registered
481 Posts
Surely someone with an Italia has gone down this route and can offer some input? I don't want to remove the stock cowl. The Rizoma headlight Fairings look the best and with the adapter it could work. I'll contact Rizoma and ask them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Surely someone with an Italia has gone down this route and can offer some input? I don't want to remove the stock cowl. The Rizoma headlight Fairings look the best and with the adapter it could work. I'll contact Rizoma and ask them.
you can email motovationusa.com, they are authorized Rizoma dealer and have a great service.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So good thing I discovered this post. Here I am thinking my Cafe racer has the same front setup apart from lower handlebars, and was about to order a windscreen.

Curious to hear what motovationusa said, or if you were able to hone in on any options for these bikes..

Cheers!

·
Registered
481 Posts
All I know is that Dart Fly doesn't make any for the Cafe or Italia, but Rizoma headlight fairings might work for the Cafe...not sure...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts