Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am wondering what is best to buy for a short person riding a scrambler 800 nightshift? Will the Ducati sport headlight fairing be enough or would I be better to go for windscreen such as the Ducati smoked windscreen kit touring?? Any ideas or pics of your bikes with either or similar fitted would be much appreciated. I am loathe to put a screen at all as I think it may detract from the looks but then again the buffeting at higher speeds on an open dual carriageway or motorway is quite tiring. Look forward to your answers/ideas.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi I am wondering what is best to buy for a short person riding a scrambler 800 nightshift? Will the Ducati sport headlight fairing be enough or would I be better to go for windscreen such as the Ducati smoked windscreen kit touring?? Any ideas or pics of your bikes with either or similar fitted would be much appreciated. I am loathe to put a screen at all as I think it may detract from the looks but then again the buffeting at higher speeds on an open dual carriageway or motorway is quite tiring. Look forward to your answers/ideas.
Have you seen the Rizoma screen? They are expensive at around £155 but I got one off eBay for £25 from China. Listed for a bmw r nine t. I altered the brackets and it fits great.

11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you seen the Rizoma screen? They are expensive at around £155 but I got one off eBay for £25 from China. Listed for a bmw r nine t. I altered the brackets and it fits great.
View attachment 47460
Thanks for that. You are of course assuming I know the first thing about altering brackets/fitting things myself etc - haha. I’ll work it out I’m sure or I’ll find someone that can help me. It looks nice.

· Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for that. You are of course assuming I know the first thing about altering brackets/fitting things myself etc - haha. I’ll work it out I’m sure or I’ll find someone that can help me. It looks nice.
I did presume🤣
It’s easy. Just a case of bending and cutting the brackets shorter. 😁👍

· Registered
32 Posts
There’s also the Dart fly screen and the Chinese knock-offs on Amazon. I have a smoked knock-off that was about $40. Puig makes a screen as well. None of the small screens do much. If you’re going to commute and want real wind management the Givi 7407 is probably the least hideous looking and effective solution.

· Registered
46 Posts
I've got a Dart Chinese knock off and also didn't want to ruin the looks of my desert sled. I put it on for a trip to Wales thinking I'd remove it afterwards but have left it on. It looks ok and I think it gives an extra 10mph for the same amount of buffeting. It makes motorway speeds (not that I'd use a motorway unless absolutely necessary) less tiring. I got mine off eBay for about £45 if I remember correctly.

· Registered
Scrambler Icon (2015); Monster M900ie (2002); Triumph T100T Daytona (1967)
50 Posts
I've tried the Dart, which was OK though I didn't notice much difference - currently trying a Puig Retrovision which seems to provide a bit more protection. Both bought secondhand via ebay for between £30-£50. But I'd agree with JohninVT - none of the small screens make a huge difference.

Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle Plant Tire

· Registered
9 Posts
View attachment 47460
Hi - I’ve got a Nightshift coming in the next few weeks (very excited) and have been thinking the same thing re screen - wanting one to avoid the buffering and tearing eyes but also not wanting to lose how good the Nightshift looks. Are you able to send a bigger picture / side profile picture ?? Thanks!

11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi - I’ve got a Nightshift coming in the next few weeks (very excited) and have been thinking the same thing re screen - wanting one to avoid the buffering and tearing eyes but also not wanting to lose how good the Nightshift looks. Are you able to send a bigger picture / side profile picture ?? Thanks!
Glad to hear you’ve got a nightshift arriving soon it was pretty hard to find one here in uk. Luckily mine is due in a couple of weeks too - really can’t wait. Where are you based?

· Registered
31 Posts
I've got the dart screen on my desert sled just to take a bit of wind pressure off the chest at sustained speeds, it does take a little bit of buffeting away from my helmet upto motorway speeds (or im convincing myself it does...) but its worth bearing in mind none of the small options do much really and certainly don't take it all away.

Best bet is to ride it when you get it and see how you feel in normal riding situations before spending your money

· Registered
3 Posts
We have the standard Ducati flyscreen on the Full Throttle. I'm surprised how well it works. The air over it is nice an smooth and it really does take pressure off the chest area.

is this an original Ducati flyscreen ? been searching for something like that but sofar came up empty .:unsure: . Do you happen to have an ordernumber for that or something ?

· Registered
9 Posts
I’m based in wiltshire-collecting the nightshift tomorrow
How has it been? Are you loving it? I’m in Surrey - picking up end of the month hopefully. I need to do mod 2 first - soon - have my full auto licence and now faffing to get it transferred to manual. Should have done manual to start! So keeping everything crossed...... have you got photo of your bike? I’m so excited!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.