Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading a lot of threads but most are older so wondering if people have updates, complaints, raves, etc about their windscreen on a Desert Sled?

I need to buy one. My work commute is 15 miles down a 2 lane highway, mostly straight. My ride to riding areas in western CO can be a lot of very windy (esp in summer - up to 60 mph blasts as the air heats up next to the mountains) long commutes on 2 lane highways so looking for something to keep the wind fatigue off my chest and calm the buffeting.

I'm 6'2"

From what I've seen most people are happy with the Dart flyscreen. Still the case?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm the same height and ride a DS. I use the Dart windscreen and it definitely takes the edge off. Don't expect any miracles but the air is definitely less turbulent. I sometimes sit a little further back along the seat and lean forward slightly to get in the sweet spot when on the motorway for a while.

I think givi do a super tall one but obviously down to aesthetic preference

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought a cheap Chinese copy of the dart screen and have found it really good. I'm only 6 ft tall and I think it give me a good 10mph extra comfort at motorway speeds.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been reading a lot of threads but most are older so wondering if people have updates, complaints, raves, etc about their windscreen on a Desert Sled?

I need to buy one. My work commute is 15 miles down a 2 lane highway, mostly straight. My ride to riding areas in western CO can be a lot of very windy (esp in summer - up to 60 mph blasts as the air heats up next to the mountains) long commutes on 2 lane highways so looking for something to keep the wind fatigue off my chest and calm the buffeting.

I'm 6'2"

From what I've seen most people are happy with the Dart flyscreen. Still the case?

I'm 6'2"

I have a Dart on my Scrambler and it’s effective and recommended; looks good as well. I added a Puig ‘Deflector for Windshields’ mainly because I didn’t want to drill into the Dart. This decreased the wind blast tremendously. I very highly can vouch for the combination.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any chance of posting a photo of the Dart wind screen with the deflector?
I started with the Dart screen. Too small for me , I'm 6'4. I then got a Touratech screen, better but still too small. The airflow which came right into my throat with the Dart, now came into my eyes, which is uncorfortable.
Here is a picture of the deflector on a screen similar to the Touratech, since the Touratech has a liitle lip at the top, so you cant add a deflector.

The deflector helps, and is ajustable, but not very large.
I ended selling all these, and got a GIVI Airflow.
Now I can drive in the rain without being wet ! I still can see over the top of the screen. Perfect for me, and no big drag on the handlebars.

Very happy with it !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts