Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Also, anybody had luck using the pre-load wrench.I am just unable to change the preload settings using the wrench.
It's tight I'll give you that. I managed it but it was very hard. I'd suggest slipping a longer bar (or similar) over the end of the supplied tool to give you more leverage (as has been pointed out to me somewhere here:) )

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
On the screen. I still think (IMO) the Dart looks the best of the bunch. I'm currently trying to decide if it does actually offer enough protection or whether to just say sod it and brave the wind full naked style.*

I should add - I haven't tried one I just keep reading about them!

*The bike not me.

·
Registered
589 Posts
IMG_20151202_142122.jpg

Shocking delivery delay for me as well, but I can't fault the screen. If you have a headlamp grill you'll need to slot the bottom of the screen ;-)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Sarah, how did the world walk fit on the Scrambler?
Thanks,
Rod
Here's a picture, Rod:
upload_2016-2-4_5-39-30.png

You just run the turn signal bolts thru the brackets. It will push back at speed, so I split a piece of black hose and ran it along the seam in the speedo housing to act as a bumper.

Sarah

·
Registered
97 Posts
What's your opinion on the Dart Desmo?
I have been happy with it for country roads and hills riding up to 300k a day. I am loving the bike so much I am now thinking of longer trips and being 185cm tall, a little more protection would not go amiss but bigger is not always better so it will be interesting to test the aerodynamics back to back for my height.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Cheers for that. I'm still considering the Dart. A shorty at 172. I'm not doing massive trips but a fair bit of freeway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a dart fly screen. It's solid and doesn't flex. Cuts some wind from my neck down. Looks great, but I'll probably get something larger when I see one I like. Even with it, I feel like I'm blowing off over 90 :angel:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking to put on a windscreen on Icon. I know lots of folks seem to like Dart, am just wondering what other options have rest tried.

Puig For the bike model Ducati SCRAMBLER 2015 | Puig

WINDSHIELD AEROSPORT

Also, anybody had luck using the pre-load wrench.I am just unable to change the preload settings using the wrench.
After determining function & aesthetics important to my riding style, I bought a National Cycle screen. As posted by another: Windscreens for New Scrambler

1 - 20 of 38 Posts