Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some ideas on smallish windscreens for the new Scrambler. I'm thinking just something to keep wind at Freeway speeds and rain at all speeds off of at least my chest/neck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have what looks like a ridiculously small windscreen on my Guzzi Griso that at 60 and up does a great job of keeping wind off of my chest and neck and leaves my helmet in clear air. Made by National Cycle. I wouldn't have believed it either if I didn't own the thing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Regarding "National Cycle", I contacted them back on March 3rd about custom screens for the Scrambler. Below is their response.

"We are hoping to test fitments on the Scrambler soon - however our local dealers do not have bikes yet so it will be some time before we can find out what will work."

I'm sure they will come up with something. I have been using their "Deflector Shield" for 10 years and it still works pretty well. (Although I did have to epoxy a mount back together a few years ago).

·
Registered
19 Posts
I agree it looks small, I had a small Ducati performance one on my 2014 Ducati Hyper SP and it was close to about the same size . believe it or not but It did make a difference , you wouldn't think so but i guess every little bit helps. Also im not interested so much in wind protection as i will not be really traveling with my Scrambler , plenty of riding around home , Its more to protect the speedo and just to go with the number plates on the bikes seat .

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
I agree it looks small, I had a small Ducati performance one on my 2014 Ducati Hyper SP and it was close to about the same size . believe it or not but It did make a difference , you wouldn't think so but i guess every little bit helps. Also im not interested so much in wind protection as i will not be really traveling with my Scrambler , plenty of riding around home , Its more to protect the speedo and just to go with the number plates on the bikes seat .
How exactly does that yellow bit of plastic protect the speedo is beyond me :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I added a very small (BMW sourced) windscreen to my R1150R and it made a difference. I think the key is to having your helmet in direct (non-turbulent) air with the small windscreen diverting air to maybe upper chest level. Obviously if you are trying to divert air over the top of your helmet so you are completely in a protected zone requires a very large windscreen which would be kind of ridiculous on a Scrambler.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Something like the Dart Flyscreen works for me, takes the wind off my chest so I'm not blown off the bike but keeps my head in clean air. Might not work worth a hoot for tall folks, though.

Sarah

·
Registered
231 Posts
It looks like a section of it is clear (top left corner on that photo) - and I had previously seen a clear version on the accessories catalogue - is the yellow bit a sticker / removable?
I think it's actually black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 81 Posts