Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Windshield for 1100

20K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  JustPlainBill0 
#1 ·
Guys,

i am looking for a suitable Windshield for the 1100 (without breaking the look).
Importantly, it must be easy to install (without modding any on the existing part)
Was looking at the original 1100 Windshield, love the look, but not the price.

Any help ?

#7 ·
I know it is on a Z900RS and probably it is more like a teardrop than our Scrambler being more muscular, but what do you think?
Personally, i like it a lot. I don't know what i like a lot, but most probably is the discrepancy (high screen -> naked bike) similar to sneakers worn with a suit.

Cheers!

Attachments

#9 ·

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)
Guys,

i am looking for a suitable Windshield for the 1100 (without breaking the look).
Importantly, it must be easy to install (without modding any on the existing part)
Was looking at the original 1100 Windshield, love the look, but not the price.

Any help ?
JJMars, have a look at the Givi model 7407A windscreen. It's fairly high (48cm/19" ) and works well for shielding the rider from wind and cold. It's also inexpensive ($78.47 US for the windshield, but note, you will need the A7407A mounting kit for another $30 +/- ) here: GIVI 7407A · Motocard Motocard is located in Europe so if you are in the US, expect high shipping cost or find an American supplier.
The ad doesn't mention it, but the mounting instructions state that it's specifically for the 800 Scrambler. Fortunately, it also fits the 1100 with no changes or extra hardware needed. Since the bottom of the shield follows the shape of the headlight, changing the angle of the screen might make it less effective for blocking wind (and ugly).
Photo is of my 1100 as used this winter. The "78" decal was attached to the screen (by Givi) when I bought mine. I suppose it can be removed.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive parking light

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.