Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas for a wind shield to fit the Desert Sled.
Anyone fitted a shield?
There seams to be lots of info for Scrambler in general but not much specific to the Sled.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Using a Dart Flyscreen classic, no issues, they have mount hardware for DS. It's great to duck behind when you need it, otherwise it puts wind right about my neck on standard seat on my '21 (6'3").

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've had several different windsceen setups. I've had the Dart Flyscreen classic. At 6' tall it cut the wind from about the middle of my chest down. It definitely reduces fatigue, but obviously doesn't take your head out of the wind. I tired the National Cycle Deflector Screen, and it moved the wind up to about my neck, and made my helmet very loud. I returned it. Now I have a Puig BAT universal windscreen. It moves the wind up to about my chin. It reduces fatigue more. My helmet is still mostly in the wind, but it's not loud like the National Cycle one was. I'm pretty happy with it. I also got a Puig clip on visor to clip onto my current screen that actually achives full wind protection. I don't use the visor in the city, but I put it on for longer highway rides since it only takes about 30 seconds to install/remove. Here's the BAT without the visor:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looking for one myself.
(humbly) Don't want the Dart because of how it mounts (want quick install/removal) Puig or Givi look pretty good for both mounting and protection. btw, I ride a naked sport bike and don't mind the wind hitting my chest, but when it's cold out, brr! Need some wind blockage on the Sled for sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bought the Givi and works pretty well. At 5'9" my chest is out of the wind but the wind buffeting on my helmet is annoying. Will try and reposition the screen and add an extension.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello
Here are my experiments with screens :
I started with the Dart screen. Useless for me, I'm 6'4.
I then got a Touratech screen, better but still too small. The airflow which came right into my throat with the Dart, now came into my eyes, which is unconfortable, and made my helmet shake sideways.
I added a deflector, which made it a little better.
Here is a picture of the deflector on the bigger screen I had then custom made, similar to the Touratech but bigger. The Touratech has a little lip at the top, so you cant add a deflector.

The deflector helps, and is ajustable, but not very large.
I ended selling all these, and got a GIVI Airflow.
Now I can drive in the rain without being wet ! I still can see over the top of the screen. Perfect for me, and no big drag on the handlebars.

Very happy with it !

·
Registered
20 Posts
Brilliant! Looks adjustable as well. Riding in the rain isn't preferable, but as a caregiver for my wife, I find little time to ride other than commuting to work (the long way but don't tell her that !!). Light rain with that setup shouldn't be an issue.
A must add. Thanks for the post bill77.
Could you also give some info on the rack and top case too? Looks like you're set for a bit of touring.
Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
yes, it gives great protection, except on the feet which are still soaked. Still searching for a front mudgard extender.
As fot the rack, it is the standard one from Ducati. Just added a Givi top case, and a Givi top case holder, which also hosts the U lock. That was my main concern, not having to find a support somewhere to hold the lock.
Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts