Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Threw on the parts that I’ve accumulated since I bought the bike (finally)
Comp werkes slip on
ProGrips
CRG lanesplitter
Puig fly screen- **the paint was done by me as a proof of concept, hopefully taking it to be professionally painted before spring
EBay sourced blinkers all around
Ducati spacers- they really take the slack out of the throttle, 5 min install.
Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire Publication

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Reactions: Koggs and drwalrus

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rizoma bar on! It’s the taller bar- MA009, 55mm
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Vehicle

Vehicle Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire Motorcycle

Reactions: aleclaw

·
Registered
2018 Ducati scrambler 1100 sport
43 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like the Rizoma bars,,,,,,,assume no cable lengthening was required or re-doing any wiring routing, ect? Like u said, it's a higher bar,,,,,,,,wonder if adding my 2" ROX riser/pivot to my '18 1100 sport will yield similar results?
Correct!
I didn’t have to do any of that.
The bars I put on said it’s a 55mm rise, I don’t see why they won’t work tbh.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Second day out on the roads. The bar + taller seat is perfect for me (6’ 3”, 32 inseam). This things snarls and pops- even with the dB killer in.

love it.
Sky Cloud Wheel Tire Fuel tank

·
Registered
40 Posts
When you put on the Comp Werkes slip on did you have the bike tuned? I've heard its a pretty important step with these bikes.

I have the same slip on in black and went with a Rexxer ECU flash. Also agreed on the pops, cant help but smile every time I hear it haha

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No tune. Competition werkes didn’t recommend it actually, I asked before I bought. I don’t have a way to measure air fuel ratio… The butt dyno doesn’t notice anything negative.

the pops and growls add more character to the bunker IMHO!

Reactions: gandalf.hanoi

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When you put on the Comp Werkes slip on did you have the bike tuned? I've heard its a pretty important step with these bikes.

I have the same slip on in black and went with a Rexxer ECU flash. Also agreed on the pops, cant help but smile every time I hear it haha
Super late- @Troy D. - Did you notice any chance to the riding after the flash? I couldnt take the resonance, got a dB killer with a sleeve welded on from CW- They have awesome customer service IMHO). It eliminated the resonance, I cant feel any power drops at all. Finally put it in 'active' and let it fly. Loved it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good to hear! I ride a nightshift, so I've only got the 800cc to work with. At the same time as installing the slip on I also threw on the MWR air filter mod. After the tune the bike became slightly more responsive, but nothing major. Also less 'jerkiness' at low speed / low throttle. In my opinion, the biggest factor I liked about tuning it was just the piece of mind - knowing the bike knows what to do with air / fuel after the mods. And the sound of course... cant beat that CW sound. Not sure how much of a change your bike is seeing in regards to air/fuel with the CW slip on, but it may be worth shooting an email to David at Rexxer to get his opinion. He's been tuning scramblers for a long time.

His email: [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts