Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last winter I fitted a high termi, aux lights and fly screen.

Whatcha all got planned for this year?

Obviously post for Northern Hemisphere and cold climate folks!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm thinking of changing back to the scrambler style over the café racer style as need to slow down and maybe venture on forest roads so maybe tkc80's next (mainly for looks). Ordered a new back light from France (allows me to lose the mudguard/indicators)which should land today, swap out my woodcraft bars back to Renthal ordered urban enduro fork bottom protectors, new grips and maybe a gold chain and then the bank of Armo is closed indefinitely.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I bought a Zard Zuma black with gold plating, rear Ohlins with black spring and doing front spring upgrade FSK 113...don't think I'll do it now though. I'll just wait until early next year otherwise I'll cry staring at it when I can't ride. Also swapping out stock brake pads for EBC both front/back and while I'm at that, I'll clean calipers/pistons and bleed both lines.

I also need to do a few tasks at a bike shop for my 12k DESMO which I don't do myself, so the front spring upgrade will happen at the same time, and the rest I'll do on my own.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Led headlight, 20cm off each end of handlebar, Barkbusters hand muffs (all done).
Considering the Hyperpro Street Box. Bike handling better since dropped the front to 10mm and maxed out the rear suspension. Bike has never let me down in the twisties. What would be the improvement?
Considering an oiler.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Led headlight, 20cm off each end of handlebar, Barkbusters hand muffs (all done).
Considering the Hyperpro Street Box. Bike handling better since dropped the front to 10mm and maxed out the rear suspension. Bike has never let me down in the twisties. What would be the improvement?
Considering an oiler.
20cm eh - wow! ;)

·
Registered
901 Posts
It as 40C here yesterday. My northern hemisphere winter project is to fit AC to the Scrambler so I can ride that to and from the office and reduce yesterday’s nearly 4 hours car travel time to not much over 2 hours, :3some:

·
Registered
901 Posts
As an ex-Brit Phil, let me tell you I'd take a cool, crisp but dry February in the NW over 40ºC - that's pretty hot! :)
Coming from Wellington where 16C is pleasant summer day I agree.
So you are a starter for my Scrambler AC unit (in development) then?
A couple of years ago it was up around 43 on the way home one day when I rode my bike into the office and I actually had to close the visor of my helmet because the heat on my face was too painful.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts