Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fitted a set of Bark Buster Blizzards this afternoon. Yes they look ugly but it is a case of function over fashion and SWMBO suffers greatly from cold fingers even with winter gloves and heated grips. I have used these on other bikes and they work terrifically well at keeping the riders hands both warm and reasonably dry so if you commute or ride regularly in the winter they may be worth a look.
One thing to note. These are soft guards they are designed for weather protection not crash protection.
Fitting to the Scrambler is dead easy and a 5 minute job. Unscrew the hex bolt in the bar end, screw the Blizzard guard and spacer back in using the items supplied by Bark Buster. You need two different size hex keys that is it.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Good job. I keep a set of Hippo Hands knock-offs on the shelf, just in case.

Sarah

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hippo Hands are a little extreme for our climate. The only people who use them are motorcycle couriers who seem to ride either with no gloves or fingerless bicycle gloves.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here is a picture of my "Hippo Hands"-clone hand guards. For cold rainy weather they really work well. But, like you said, they look rather strange.
Scrambler-handGuards.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts