Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I did mine straight to the battery terminals, I didn't want it through the ignition switch , suits me fine that way :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, thanks. I thought that would be the easiest, just was interested to see if anyone had wired it in to the ignition. All part of the preparation for my ride to Munich.

·
Registered
97 Posts
maybe you can try to hook it up via the fuse box?
I have a couple of electronics (toll-paying machine & wireless TPMS) both inserted into the ignition fuse, works out fine.. it's non-destructive too!

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I piggy backed mine off the USB socket feed under the seat. That way it's both switched and fused separately.
This is definitely your best bet - it's already switched to ignition and fused appropriately. Wiring it direct to battery would almost ensure a dead battery - somewhere down the line when you forget to switch the unit itself off.

Mine is wired similarly, but to a DIN socket, instead of direct to the unit itself - or cradle. The cradle that holds my GPS has a DIN plug, so I can easily connect / disconnect.

My GPS gets "shared" with other bikes, and I need to be able to swap easily.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Same here, I bought a set of 6 triple sealed male/female pre-wired plugs. I have a female end fitted to both my bikes, and all the electrical fittings I need have a corresponding male socket :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts