Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I actualy quite liked this kind of review. It's a bit like the reviews Motogeo does that not just focus on riding a bike and all the technical stuff but also on just enjoying riding bikes in general and traveling to interesting and beatifull places.The way they try to do this by making well produced video's with good looking footage is certainly different but also a pleasent brake from just another guy with an opinion shouting over the windnoise while filming everything with a single GoPro.
Also I agree on most things she has to say about the bike and about the only negative thing that I can find with the 1100(and other Ducati's that use the same mirrors) is that the stock mirrors are crap both function and look wise.
All the "serious" reviews on the 1100 by the known magazines and sites are all shot at the same place in exactly the same setting on exactly the same roads provided by Ducati at the press launch.So you end up with a bunch of identical looking Youtube video's that get boring very quickly. They also have pretty much the same to say so that doesn't help much either.
So allthough I do agree about the remark about the safety gear I hope there will be more video's like this in the future and that they may inspire the "serious" press to step thier game up and produce more interesting and better looking video's in the future.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's a bit like the reviews Motogeo does that not just focus on riding a bike and all the technical stuff but also on just enjoying riding bikes in general and traveling to interesting and beatifull places.
Okay I will comment. :D
I agree that it is very similar to a MotoGeo review which I also do enjoy. I guess the difference being that Jamie Robinson is an ex 250CC MotoGP rider so his riding skills and ability to diagnose the strengths and weaknesses of bikes is definitely stronger than the young lady who did the review in question. I did notice her "MotoGeo like" propensity to have the baseball cap on the left hip.
My wife watched the clip and her comment was that it wasn't up to MotoGeo standards but her more important comment was that the presenter must have hair like no other girl who has ever ridden a motorcycle as each time she removed her helmet her hair was instantly perfect!
Good luck to the presenter for having a go and I hope that she is successful in producing future videos as I can see that they will appeal to a segment of the audience but maybe just not the late middle aged male who has been riding for over 40 years segment.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Okay I will comment. :D
I agree that it is very similar to a MotoGeo review which I also do enjoy. I guess the difference being that Jamie Robinson is an ex 250CC MotoGP rider so his riding skills and ability to diagnose the strengths and weaknesses of bikes is definitaley stronger than the young lady who did the review in question. I did notice here "MotoGeo like" propensity to have the baseball cap on the left hip.
My wife watched the clip and her comment was that it wasn't up to MotoGeo standards but her more important comment was that the presenter must have hair like no other girl who has ever ridden a motorcycle as each time she removed her helmet her her was instantly perfect!
Good luck to the presenter for having a go and I hope that she is successful in producing future videos as I can see that they will appeal to a segment of the audience but maybe just ot the late middle aged male who has been riding for over 40 years segment.
Agreed.
I also can imagine that this type of video might appeal to women that have never thought of getting on a motorcycle, or already have some interest in riding , and after seeing it actualy get inspired to give it a go.
I'm 45 years old and have been riding bikes for 29 years but I only started traveling threw Europe on them for the last 3 years and I have to admit that I was greatly inspired by video's by Baron von Grumble and Motogeo to do so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts