Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 2017 takeoff, if you installed heated grips or whatever. Duc part #65420461a. Located in Bay Area 94127.

Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe so. I spoke to the dealership and this is the part number from a desert sled, but it also supersedes all other throttle tube part numbers. Meaning, for example, if you break the throttle tube on your 2015 urban enduro, this is the one they would order you as a replacement. Once inventory is cleared, the original ones will no longer be available.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have the pre 2017 throttle tube? I'm in the bay as well, and am looking to trade my DS tube for a non progressive tube.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I replaced the standard throttle drum in my 2017 FT for a G2 Ergonomics Throttle Tamer with 006XX cam. The G2 drum is on the left, the stock Ducati bit on the right:

The resulting throttle curve is very similar between them, but the larger radius spiral of the Throttle Tamer and its aluminum with delrin bearing construction is both a little faster and much smoother in operation than the stock drum. It's worth the price.

I'll never put the stock throttle drum back into the bike, so it's available if anyone wants it. I'm in the South Bay.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh yeah I've already swapped my tube out for a throttle tamer. So I'm gonna swap OEM tubes with WCB45 and then I'll be able to compare the tamer with the 2017 OEM like you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Oh yeah I've already swapped my tube out for a throttle tamer. So I'm gonna swap OEM tubes with WCB45 and then I'll be able to compare the tamer with the 2017 OEM like you.
I'd love to hear what you make of the difference. i swapped my 2015 tube for a 2017 and I found the ride is so much more relaxed.
Slow speed riding, commuting,pick up off tight bends, dirt track are all improved as you don't need to anticipate the "jerk", just enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well, I went from the 2017 throttle to the Throttle Tamer. The latter produces a far nicer feeling throttle, to me, with smoother and more linear operation. It doesn't cure the other low-speed drivability problems—caused by lean mixtures—but it makes the bike much more ridable.

I'm pretty fussy about throttle control and good low-speed throttle response. Probably moreso than many others...

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Learn to use your rear brake in this situation, and keep the throttle slightly open.

Helps a lot, on any bigger capacity bike, especially twins and single (because of the bigger engine braking).

This is supposed to bike control 101, which you use in slaloms and U turns all the time

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Learn to use your rear brake in this situation, and keep the throttle slightly open.

Helps a lot, on any bigger capacity bike, especially twins and single (because of the bigger engine braking).

This is supposed to bike control 101, which you use in slaloms and U turns all the time
:3some:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I don’t mean to be a wisecrack, but this is the reason we were taught this, not to run slaloms and figure 8’s on an empty parking lot....

:applause:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
101: basics

Look at ghymkana, motorcycle control competitions, etc.

Ask yourself, how do you consider yourself at doing a U-turn on a sloped surface? In either direction.

I can’t judge you, because I don’t know you. But many decent street riders are bad at slow speed bike control, myself included.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts