Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, looking for a Ducati Comfort Seat for Scrambler 800. I got a Mustang seat last year but its a bit low for my legs.
In United States.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Seat Concepts Comfort seat, basically brand new. Came on the bike when I bought it and too high for me. $100 + Shipping. You use your stock seat pan

You will use your stock seat pan and staple this one on with the new foam.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the offer. A couple questions for you since I'm unfamiliar with this seat.
1. Is it comfortable? I know the height didn't work for you, but how is the softness? The main issue I had with the stock seat was that it forces you into the tank. This one looks flatter; is that right?
2. I've never recovered a seat before. Is it an easy process or would it require a shop to do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. Yes it was considerably more comfortable. It is much flatter yes, but I'm a smaller guy so the additional height was no good for me.

2. It's quite easy. I pulled the staples out with a small screw driver, then remove the stock cover and foam. Place the new foam and cover over top and re staple it. You'll have to use an air stapler though. It took me maybe 30 minutes, I bet a shop would do it for you for $20-$40?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Seat Concepts Comfort seat, basically brand new. Came on the bike when I bought it and too high for me. $100 + Shipping. You use your stock seat pan

You will use your stock seat pan and staple this one on with the new foam.
Hey buddy, after seeing these pictures and your answers, I think that might be good for me also. But i believe 80$ will be fine you it as i need to pay shipping also. And you need not to worry about shipping service. One of my friend works in Citizenshipper transporting service, so it will do shipping for me in best price. If you can think 80$ will be fine then you can tell.
If you want you can also ship it to me with total charge of 100$. In this shipping is yours.

Best regards,
Steve

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey buddy, after seeing these pictures and your answers, I think that might be good for me also. But i believe 80$ will be fine you it as i need to pay shipping also. And you need not to worry about shipping service. One of my friend works in Citizenshipper transporting service, so it will do shipping for me in best price. If you can think 80$ will be fine then you can tell.
If you want you can also ship it to me with total charge of 100$. In this shipping is yours.

Best regards,
Steve
Hi Steve. Just got back from a week long trip and am looking at my options. Thanks for the offer, but I think I want to go with the Ducati Comfort Seat if I switch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Steve. Just got back from a week long trip and am looking at my options. Thanks for the offer, but I think I want to go with the Ducati Comfort Seat if I switch.
I guess I responded to the wrong person actually. Oh well, either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts