Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a full set of Classic fenders and the tail tidy too, in case anybody has the whole outfit. Thanks.

Sarah

·
Registered
314 Posts
Cant imagine anyone would have these available, the Classic mudguards are however very reasonably priced from Ducati and you need ALL the bits to mount them, not just the Mudguards.
So even if someone had the Mudguards, you would no doubt be missing the necessary brackets for the install.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be right, I just wanted to check. Thought someone's plan may have headed in another direction and might have a set on the shelf. Thanks.

Sarah

·
Registered
733 Posts
I actually bought mine from someone in Germany at a lot less than the UK - Italo Shop - about £335 delivered.

Came within a few days.

upload_2015-9-3_10-41-34.png

I only fitted the rear and have the front fender and fitting brackets at home sat in a box with the old Icon rear fender and gravel guard.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Simon, I'll be sure to check around on pricing if I order new. I've had a couple folks offer a rear fender, but then I'd be stuck without a front. Thanks again.

Sarah

·
Registered
314 Posts
You may be right, I just wanted to check. Thought someone's plan may have headed in another direction and might have a set on the shelf. Thanks.

Sarah
Sarah you do know that you dont need a tail tidy with the Classic mudguards? in fact in my opinion it detracts from the "pure" look of the mudguards.
If you are worried about rain then I can confirm that the mudguards keep your back dry, I had a ride of 150km in torrential rain and everything stayed clean, just all wet and that came from above.

·
Registered
733 Posts
You need the mounting bracket to support the Classic fender - I suppose it could fit without it using the Icon mounts - but back would be unsupported.

Sarah

By the time you buy the bits off people - even at a discount price and pay shipping (especially if its international) - its not going to be far off what you can buy them for new.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, you two. Slaine, I was confused on the tail tidy, thanks for setting me straight on that. And I am so glad to hear the rear fender is actually functional. And Simon, my husband was saying the same thing last night-- too much work and worry trying to source bits and pieces. Thanks again.

Sarah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts