Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Forgive me, you are correct. Still, the front wheel won't fit any of the original scramblers and will require a new fork and a change to the overall geometry of the bike.
The Icon, Urban Enduro, Classic and Full Throttle are all 18" front 17" rear wheels.
2017 Cafe Racer has 17" front and rear.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The forks. Last year whrn I tried to install a 19 inch rim i realized i need to install a whole new front end including forks. But I totally welcome you to try. I spoke with penske and they stated a new front end was necessary...and they were definitely more experienced than I.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Bummer.

So what exactly would be preventing them from fitting? I believe the brakes are the same...
The wheel axle is a different diameter where it goes through the left fork leg (Sled is larger). I will have the wheels off both types some time soon and will know better if the bearings are also a different size.
As it stands, it is not a straight swap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The wheel axle is a different diameter where it goes through the left fork leg (Sled is larger). I will have the wheels off both types some time soon and will know better if the bearings are also a different size.
As it stands, it is not a straight swap.
Perfect, thank you!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Perfect, thank you!
Reading back my post and I don't know why I said left leg but I meant the right hand leg.
The Sled fork hole is 35mm and the others are 30mm.
The outer diameter of the right bearing is the same for both @ 47mm but the inner dia. on the Sled is larger meaning the axle itself is larger.
If you a really serious about changing to a 19" then let me know and I will pull the wheels off and measure everything you could need. So far it looks like just bearings and spacer tube between them to use you own axle and forks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts