Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The throttle response on my wife's 2016 Icon is a little too, shall we say peppy. Looking around on here it seems that is normal in the early version of that bike due to the throttle tube and that the throttle tubes off a 2017 and the Desert Sled are a little more progressive, softer, and dare I say gentle. She would definitely prefer that. I saw a couple of threads where people are looking for the older tube so here is your chance. I'm in NJ but travel throughout NY and New England often so if you are in the area we can meet up to save on shipping.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I'm sure you've also read this on here but it's also worth looking at the G2 Throttle Tamers if no one comes up with the goods. From what I've heard they seem well made and you have a choice of different profiles.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I had a G2 on my 800 and it did make a big difference. It made the bike so much more friendly as I’m too old for hooning around now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the discussions about the G2 and am familiar with the company. I actually have one on my track bike, but it's the quick turn version, very nicely made.
I would much rather do a trade - no money spent (aside from possibly shipping) and helps another member of the motorcycle community. Win Win

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nobody? I thought there would be a lot of people wanting to do the swap

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump

she's been riding and getting used to the fast response but would still prefer a trade

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wait... did you say 2020? I may be wrong but I don't think they are interchangeable. If I recall your tube has the throttle cable on the bottom, right? I just checked and it's a different part number.
Can anybody shed light on this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry, we couldn't keep waiting so she bought the G2 throttle tamer.
we would sell it if you want to make an offer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts