Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my take on the winscreen thingy. I took the easy route and basically gathered stuff around and really didn't manufacture anything.

So from beginning I knew I wanted to try oval number plate as windscreen. Ordered one from eBay (13€).

The brackets was another consideration. I had some shear hangers or joist brackets (terminology goes above my knowledge of English language, sorry - picture included). One of these is worth something like 3€ so still on the cheap. Just some cutting and grinding. The one I used could have been longer, but as that was what was in garage so I went with it for the mock-up.

Next up a cardboard mock-up to cut the slot for the headlight. Had some carbon fiber around so I even added the numbers on the plate.
shearhanger.jpg bracket-1.jpg cardboard.jpg mock-up.jpg

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Nick, I saw your screen. I was thinking about same type of brackets like you have but like I said, happened to have almost ready brackets ála Dart(?) and took that route. Sad thing is that due to circumstances the next ride I'll get is next week.. :(

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that little numberplate is actually pretty impressive windshield. Directs the wind just on my shoulders/helmet, makes a lot more comfortable ride on the highways.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't have any experience with this screen, and I'm still waiting for my scrambler to arrive, but I've put screens on a few different bikes and found it pretty easy to fab or adapt brackets. I actually like this screen better than the other options that I've seen out there.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That looks good, I like my Dart screen as it makes a huge difference to the wind resistance on my body and allows me to go a lot faster on dual carriageways/motorways without feeling I'm going to be blown off the back. But the wind is deflected to my head area and while I don't 'feel' it as such, the turbulence produces a lot of wind noise and I now have permanent tinnitus!! :confused:. I HAVE to wear earplugs but even so the damage is done :(.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nutty Nick,

Could you post a picture of your front number board you made? Can't find it on here anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts