Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused between getting the high mounted Zard full kit or the low mounted silencer?
i loved the high ones but i know I cant put the side bags though any suggestions guys ?
I appreciate you time reading this

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Welcome aboard faisal, :) Go for the low one, IMO it looks nicer too, that way if you decide to fit the side bags, which I feel you are ;) you'll not have any problems ,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you sir .. and wich air filter do you recommend .. goes perfect with that silncer

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a Low mounted Racing Version. Couldn't be happier. Thunderous sound, no need to remap and I have the option to install side bags.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
"No need to remap" is quickly becoming the most misleading term in all of motorsports, and one that is used by way too many aftermarket can manufacturers.

I don't care which brand of exhaust you buy, if it doesn't have a cat - then you will be leaning out the bike (and the Scrambler is already WAY too lean already). I would never run an air-cooled motor in this condition, it causes too much heat - which will eventually lead to some kind of failure, somewhere down the line.

Besides, the bike will not perform anywhere near as well as it should - proper fueling fixes all that.

·
Registered
97 Posts
hi Tony,

Do you think it will be slightly better if it is the CAT version?

And also, may it be Remus or Zard, when I have the CAT version, will it be difficult to switch to the non-CAT version via a mid-pipe change? (I am guessing that end cans are the same)

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
hi Tony,

Do you think it will be slightly better if it is the CAT version?

And also, may it be Remus or Zard, when I have the CAT version, will it be difficult to switch to the non-CAT version via a mid-pipe change? (I am guessing that end cans are the same)
Version with a CAT will not be as lean. Either will just require a mid-pipe swap to get rid of the CAT.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks you've been more than helpful.. then i guess ill order the Low ones , with the black shield. ASAP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting Tony,

Now I'm worried hahaha..since it's an aftermarket exhaust..does anyone aftermarket have a software to remap our scramblers?

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Interesting Tony,

Now I'm worried hahaha..since it's an aftermarket exhaust..does anyone aftermarket have a software to remap our scramblers?
Several options available...

You can go with a "piggyback" type unit - like a power commander from dynojet - this is something most dealers will be able to do - but not the best option.

Better yet, you can find a dealer who uses Rexxer, which reprograms the mapping in the ECU itself. You can also send your ECU into RexxerUSA, and they will re-flash it for you, matching your exact mods.

Reactions: Reno818
1 - 12 of 12 Posts