Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are any number of methods. You can use set screws(hex or flat head), You can use plugs, Bolts, bolts with beauty caps etc. There a ton of methods to cleverly hide the bolt holes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My mirrors didn't last long.
One fell off on a dual carriageway and bounced into the undergrowth. I picked it up from the dealer so they are partly to blame - I didn't notice any loose movement but still, one has to check these things on every ride.

The second one I took off as I realised it damned dangerous to look down and try to peer under my arm.
I will rely on simple overshoulder checks which is a good habit to get back into.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you don't want your mirrors falling off - I'd highly recommend the CRG foldable mirrors - I think they go for ~$70 a pop, so cheaper than rizoma but still great quality and a good view.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone. New here. Hope you guys don't mind me asking for some advice. Here goes.

I own a 2017 Scrambler Cafe Racer pre face-lift. Black and coffee. Love it love it love it! Can't say that enough. To my dismay round 2months ago or so, before I got my rear spools, I foolishly put it up on the paddock with the L brackets. Didn't work out well, bike slipped and hit the wall while I was putting it on the stand. I was able to grab and hug the bike, hoping to minimize damage, and luckily the only thing that has any sign of damage are the right Barend mirrors and Barends to a point that I replaced them with non original ones.

Now I'm not too happy with those as they attach all the way out on the end and leave a big gap between the grips and mirror mounts. So I am looking to go back to original mirrors, but can't seem to find them anywhere. Any ideas on where I could score some new or at least mint ones, or suggestions for direct replacement units that lay flush against the grip ends? Thank you

Always as fast as possible, as slow as necessary.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Now I'm not too happy with those as they attach all the way out on the end and leave a big gap between the grips and mirror mounts. So I am looking to go back to original mirrors, but can't seem to find them anywhere. Any ideas on where I could score some new or at least mint ones, or suggestions for direct replacement units that lay flush against the grip ends? Thank you
Man at the risk of sounding too obvious, eBay is my go-to for anything stock/OEM. The other suggestion I have is call Ducati dealers around your country and see if they'll ship some to you, though I've noticed several of them already put some stuff on eBay, at least here in the United States.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
What do you guys to to cover, the old thread hole from original mirrors???
[/QUOTE]

I turned my brackets upside-down and forgot about the hole :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Man at the risk of sounding too obvious, eBay is my go-to for anything stock/OEM. The other suggestion I have is call Ducati dealers around your country and see if they'll ship some to you, though I've noticed several of them already put some stuff on eBay, at least here in the United States.
Thanks man. Haha you're right. Figured eBay should be at the top of my list of places to look for. Weirdly though can't seem to locate a original pair there. But I'll give it another shot. Ducati here cant get it any time soon. Something like 6 to 8 months out. Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
I got mine from eBay, like these (mine aren't red):

21 - 34 of 34 Posts